Critique My P&C Cold Call Script Please

I left compass bank because I made 10% commision on investment trades. Now I make 85% gdc. No brainer. I picked captive because I want a large name to pick me up. I think the next gen is one of the best policies on the market as long as you add the water backup endorsement. Better than allstates hoa plus, nationwide, safeco.. And many others. The next gen new roof discount saves nearly 40%. I love farmers. I was just told I'm getting 250 policies transferred to me next month. Far as I'm concerned agents can keep leaving or retiring :).

Todd, you have alot to learn if you think Next Gen is one of the best in the market! I agree you must include the water backup endorsement, because the basic contract has some severe short comings. Allstate HOA plus? I thought only Texas offered HOA and HOB forms. Aren't you in Nevada? I'll tell you other companies that have a better home contract than Farmers: State Farm, American Family, Allstate, Travelers, Safeco, Hartford, Hanover, Erie, Metropolitan, Chubb, Firemans Fund and......on and on. Look at these contracts in respect to PERILS of coverage, mold coverage, all-risk on unscheduled jewelry, agreed value options and on and on....... read up for yourself and at least let your client know that your saving them money but you are also offering them less coverage. Many independent companies offer 4 or 5 different home contracts to offer different price points for their client. Farmers Next Gen contract wouldn't even compete with those companies middle policy offering. Good luck on earning some orphaned policies, reduced commissions and those customers will be on Farmers legacy products with exorbitant rates and you can't re-write to the newer rates. Service headaches if these were long term customers who are getting screwed. Hopefully, if your smart, you'll leave them in the Protector Plus home policy (well written HO-3). If your really smart focus on learning the business with Farmers (especially commercial) and then spread your wings.

Everyone who calls tells me they can save me money before the even know anything about me. As soon as I hear that I hang up the phone.

Why are you using and stressing the word free? I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, neither have the others you are calling. We all know that there is no cost associated with getting a "quote".

How much is a "substantial" amount of money? That is going to be different to different people. Don't use it. Don't put conditions on you giving them the information, "In order to...". Offer to give them a proposal if they are interested.

To get their attention and generate interest I would start by clearly and slowly stating your first and last name.

Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Kristin Jones, I'm with the local Farmers Ins Agency and the reason I'm calling is to let you know that we have lowered our auto insurance rates. I will be happy to give you a no obligation quote on your current vehicles to see if our new rates will save you money. How many vehicles do you currently have?

I would be willing to talk to someone who called me and stated the above. Start by asking the easiest question for them to answer, how many vehicles. This will help you begin to engage them in conversation. Nothing is ever sold during the phone call portion. You must first engage them in a relaxed, casual conversation.

Frank, good insights. I like your approach.

I think this just shows there is no secret to what you say as long as your are talking to people. The idea of a script is good, put it in your words and say the same thing every time. You'll sound better on the phone.

I agree with jemelton. Do not go with the Im not calling to sell anything. We and they know, if you were not trying to sell anything, then you wouldnt be calling. Just be truthful. Your calling to fight for their business.

Back