Need help: Number getting flagged as spam

Agent 0

Expert
For me cold calling has been a skill that is learned through trial and error and a lot of nights spent deflated over results. I'm starting to see the payoff as I bring in high quality clients and have started to get a pipeline out of my efforts.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if anyone has had issues getting their number flagged as spam? It doesn't seem that my number is flagged for everyone just a good amount of people. I noticed when a few weeks ago my pickup rates really started trending downward and finally a prospect told me I was coming up as spam likely. Anyone know an efficient way to rotate numbers or another solution? My phone system is RingCentral if that helps.

You're a telemarketer. You are spam by definition. Spam detectors are getting more sophisticated.
I do at least basic research before every call I make. Spam has the idea of irrelevance. Every call I make has to do with their location being nearby, their being a homeowner, often times I make calls to neighborhoods that are newer and their residence may not have solidified a relationship with an agent. I never use an automatic dialer/ call more than one number at a time. I think this is hardly on the same level as what comes to most people's mind when they think of spam.

Thanks for the recommendations somarco. I have seen read similar question/ answer threads in similar communities but usually they never offered anything resembling a good solution. The problem doesn't stem from RingCentral, I actually switched to RingCentral partially in hopes to fix it by cycling through numbers I can put on reserve there. The problem started when we were using Ooma. I don't think the issue was Ooma either and where I see the problem stems from is carriers seeing how many calls I'm making a day from a single number and them taking issue with that. I might just cycle through different numbers but this seems like it may get expensive having to pay for all the numbers. I wanted to see if any cold callers here have run into the situation and had another solution work for them.

The problem started when we were using Ooma. I don't think the issue was Ooma either and where I see the problem stems from is carriers seeing how many calls I'm making a day from a single number and them taking issue with that. I might just cycle through different numbers but this seems like it may get expensive having to pay for all the numbers.

I use Ooma, but not for telemarketing. The CID is my name and phone number that I have had for 30 years (ported from ATT landline).

If you are using one (or more) of Ooma's numbers that might be part of the problem. Companies like Ooma, Google Voice, Ring, etc buy up unused numbers in bulk. If you are using their number(s) it may have been used by a spammer in the past and blacklisted.

Give this a try . . .
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Check Your Phone Number Reputation And Avoid The Spam Flag

These tips may help as well
https://www.freevoiceusa.com/call_center_systems/guides/admin/Dontgetspammed

For me cold calling has been a skill that is learned through trial and error and a lot of nights spent deflated over results. I'm starting to see the payoff as I bring in high quality clients and have started to get a pipeline out of my efforts.
First of all keep at it. Most agents don't have the cahoonas to do it.

Exactly how are you dialing? Dialing through a CRM?

Hopefully you're doing plenty of research and perfecting a referral system, and are getting a handful of referrals at each sale, so you won't need to do any cold calling anymore by the end of the month.

Personally, I consider it a failure when I get anything less than 3 referrals on a closing appointment.

First of all keep at it. Most agents don't have the cahoonas to do it.

Exactly how are you dialing? Dialing through a CRM?
I used to exclusively call from my cellphone or desk phone but I got RingCentral partially because it integrates with Agency MVP (it allows "click to call") which is the CRM I use in relation with my Farmers Salesforce CRM. I use it as more of a prospect relation management system.

Back