Crybabies FMO win suit against CMS

Not sure how it's the FMO's fault. The carriers decide whether or no the marketing money and overrides go out. I'm giving out both to our agents until the carriers stop giving it to us
Lol ya right, it's your fault because you guys filed the law suit, never did a dam thing about all of the changes until they cut off your cash cow

Lol ya right, it's your fault because you guys filed the law suit, never did a dam thing about all of the changes until they cut off your cash cow
Hey now! We can’t fault the FMO. It’s the carriers that we need to fault. Of course the FMO will fight to hold on to what they are accustomed too. Just like agents are sour about losing commission. That’s just human nature to fight for your money. Nah.. I blame the carriers for most of the mess we are in

My company didn't file any lawsuit. We aren't under Integrity or any of the other giants. You don't even know who I work for so how can you assume what we do for our agents?

I understand your frustration with the FMO's that don't do anything, but don't assume we are all like that.

And the stupid effing call recording. Yea, let's have every agent wiretap every single person they talk to and then keep AAAAAAAAALL that data indefinitely. GREAT IDEA! 🙃

Still not a peep on this from NABIP, who is basically our defacto unofficial union. Or the FMO's. I have nothing against FMO's, but I'm just very tired of agents getting thrown around out here like rag dolls.

We are the ones doing ALL the work, and then some carrier comes along and goes "money?" Nah, you don't need that...just write some of our plans for no money." Yea, how about "NO!"

Or on the Obamadontcare Healthcare Exchange when carriers yanked our pay away from like 97% of insurance plans up until like 5 years ago.

Then you've got CMS out here like...."Oh yea...agents, by the way...we're gonna have you wiretap everyone you speak to, just because. Oh, and don't speak to anyone for 48 hours anymore.

Oh, and here's a bazillion rules you have to follow. Oh, and if you break one, the carriers will probably just cut you and keep all of your pay. Oh, and if you don't pass these tests every year, carriers are gonna keep all of your pay indefinitely. SO. TIRED. OF. IT.

All I know is this injunction or ruling or whatever better not affect our well-deserved raise in renewals.
who is the FMO? I have a local office, (for one carrier)who is under agent pipeline, which is under Integrity? Not sure really. My local agent has cut communications done to almost zero. Agent Pipeline-nothing there. Occasional emails from Integrity. Then, I am under another local agency, under plan advisors, under Integrity.
So who gets this money anyway?
I used to be direct for a few carriers, but for 2024, I downsized and only sell for the 2 largest carriers.

My company didn't file any lawsuit. We aren't under Integrity or any of the other giants. You don't even know who I work for so how can you assume what we do for our agents?

I understand your frustration with the FMO's that don't do anything, but don't assume we are all like that.
We don’t Jim! I think it’s just frustration talking. I’m sure you are feeling the pain of the unknown even more than agents.

We don’t Jim! I think it’s just frustration talking. I’m sure you are feeling the pain of the unknown even more than agents.
Yes. I hate not being able to give concrete answers. We want to be a resource that our agents can lean on but we can't just make up answers that aren't there. We know that the carrier legal teams are working on it. When they tell us what we can and can't do, then we will know. For now, we are operating as we have been.

I would imagine that the Health assessments are back on the table. In some cases that can be as high as $100. And that money is useful if you are just changing a client from on carrier to another.
Nope I being told that they are built into the app and must be filled out in full on every app to submit

Okay, so who do you work for? There are a handful of truly independent unicorns but I’ll bet you a steak dinner that you roll up to someone and you don’t even know it.

Walter

Back