CSO ending Medigap Applications

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
12/31/22 CSO will not longer accept new Medigap applications in all states.

I stopped using them about a year ago, for the most part.

12/31/22 CSO will not longer accept new Medigap applications in all states.

I stopped using them about a year ago, for the most part.
I had CSI. I terminated my contract with the intention of moving it, and never saw a need to recontract. I didn't like the way their commissions were set up as a set amount instead of a %.

Oxford just stopped selling Med Supps too. I just picked them back up and sold a Med Supp. I'll have to move him. Wouldn't want him to get stuck in a closed block.

I had CSI. I terminated my contract with the intention of moving it, and never saw a need to recontract. I didn't like the way their commissions were set up as a set amount instead of a %.

Oxford just stopped selling Med Supps too. I just picked them back up and sold a Med Supp. I'll have to move him. Wouldn't want him to get stuck in a closed block.

In MI, they were a percentage.

I wrote them a lot in 2020, but switched to UHC because the price was comparable and the comm schedule was in my favor because MI is stupid with their 3y fyc.

I switched from writing UHC to Medico because their prices are so much better and they literally pick up the phone with US based CS. I don't want to be rude, but UHC CS sucks when I can't understand them.

Some of the CS reps the are American are also terrible on the phone. If they have a bad phone voice and are rude, find some else for them to do.

I do like Medico's CS, at least on the agent side (I don't have a lot of dealings with their retail side.)

I had to call them because I had a guy go through the entire application UW, after I told him that if he omits material information he could have claims denied and the policy received, gets approved.

THE NEXT DAY he calls me and says that he now had an injection in his knee two weeks ago, now he has an ortho appointment because his knee is sore and he's wondering if they're going to do a knee replacement.

Dude plays pickleball 4x a week. Annual injection of cortisone, nothing really serious. First, I read him the riot act for not disclosing, and if he suddenly has a knee replacement they're going to deny that claim and he put me in a bad spot because if they think I'm involved they'll term me... which is enough money to matter.

I called Medico, the woman was super nice and I disclosed the additional info. They were satisfied. Really great experience.

I do like Medico's CS, at least on the agent side (I don't have a lot of dealings with their retail side.)

Had Medico Medigap for awhile. I never had to call customer service.

The EOB's were sent timely and were easy to read. Customer service was not a reason for switching away from them.

Had Medico Medigap for awhile. I never had to call customer service.

The EOB's were sent timely and were easy to read. Customer service was not a reason for switching away from them.

Their rates are super competitive here and they offer a HDG. They're a pleasure to work with until they aren't anymore.

It's usually either Medico if they want price over name, UHC if they want name over price.

I use Priority for MAPD, they're really great too,l.

Closed block isn't always as bad as we agents make it out to be. We had a lot of clients on the ForeThought Med Sups in Indiana when thier's closed. Even at the 6th year it was hard to change them off over rate. They went for years without becoming uncompetitive.

Closed block isn't always as bad as we agents make it out to be. We had a lot of clients on the ForeThought Med Sups in Indiana when thier's closed. Even at the 6th year it was hard to change them off over rate. They went for years without becoming uncompetitive.
I'd say that's very unusual.

Back