CT man arrested for bigotry-fueled tirade against smoothie shop workers over son’s allergic reaction

Multiple articles say he is a CFP, but I couldnt find him on the registry. If he is, I hope they take away his certification. Maybe that means they already did... but Im pretty sure the rules state there must be a board review to take away ones certification. Maybe Im wrong, and while I agree with the action in general, not if they subverted the rules for this.

He's listed:
CERTIFICATION & BACKGROUND

(Damn - 25 years with Merrill. That sucks that one incident caused him to be terminated this way.)

Maybe, maybe not. No way to know what he is going through in life or who he really is.

However, he might be just as terrible of a person as he appears in that video. You dont make racist remarks without those thoughts already being in your head. And assaulting a teenager, whom may not even be the person you are mad at, does not happen without existing anger issues.

Keep in mind this guy is a managing director and is in charge of managing other people...

Of course its the kids that I feel the most sorry for. His father almost killed him... plus has some clear anger issues... doubt its the happiest of households. Then there'se kid the father assaulted....

He is getting what he deserves imo.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me that people with food allergies but stuff without knowing ALL of the ingredients. I have a neighbor who has had to visit emergency rooms while on vacation because they order food in restaurants, or purchase packaged food without looking or asking about what is inside. Her kids are forever leaving their EPI pens home but it is never their fault, always the fault of the restaurant or supplier of packaged goods. A simple "what is in this smoothie" before it is ordered or made and there would have been no issue

Still if serving food and someone says no peanut butter the first thing should'd come to mind does this person have peanut allergies

Many people are higher allergic and its dangerous

also if it is isn't obvious in the description should be something that indicates it could effects those with peanut allergies

When ordering anything fast food double check. McDonald's has a two for $6 going. Yea a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder sounds good.

I make order on app. Get home there's a Big Mack and a 10pc nuggets in the bag. Ask no mustard on burger. Yep there's mustard..

Request and verify..

Considering the probably violent allergic reaction of his son, I'm sure he got into "Papa Bear" mode... but there are limits.

Trying to force his way in? That's excessive.
Throwing the drink at the employee? That's excessive.
Swearing and hurling insults? Excessive.

Having been in management at banks and other places, I can handle anyone and will work with anyone who treats us with respect. No swearing, no assault, and no threatening.

Do any of those three? I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
You had said somewhere that you were a manager of a restaurant that took Thanksgiving pre-orders and then the day before Thanksgiving all the kitchen staff did a walk-out and you were left to face the angry mob.
Some of those people had to be similar to this guy weren’t they? I can’t imagine those people were on their best behavior.

1. I led that walk-out.

2. I'm not a teenage girl. I'm a man (rather large too) and would have no problem standing up to someone like that and have done so.

3. I never caused (directly or indirectly) a near-death allergic reaction.

1. I led that walk-out.

2. I'm not a teenage girl. I'm a man (rather large too) and would have no problem standing up to someone like that and have done so.

3. I never caused (directly or indirectly) a near-death allergic reaction.
Oh. I thought the kitchen staff had led the walk out and left you to face an angry mob.
Even nice people can get a little crazy when they don’t get their food.

Back