Current FE companies

Does the home service require a phone interview?
No. In fact, if I’m sure the client will only qualify for a standard or worse rate on the FE app, or is a male tobacco user, I’ll use the debit app to avoid the POSTI. The standard rates for both sides is very similar. The male tobacco rate is often better than the FE preferred tobacco rate, since the debit app doesn’t rate up for tobacco use.

I can’t remember if I’ve had anybody drafting for SS Wed billing on a home service policy. I do on the FE side of the house, and never had an issue. The Home Service side allows for it, so I assume they would do just as well. That division will also still allow DE drafts. But I use the Home Service side mainly for people that need regular collections or some other payment method besides Auto Draft, so I don’t have much experience with how proficient they are with drafting.
Didn’t LBL FE discontinue DE early last year?

Didn’t LBL FE discontinue DE early last year?
Yes, but the Home Service division still takes DE. Not that I think it’s a very good idea to set those up on draft. They seem to have more than their share of failures in the first year, which is why the FE division quit taking them. I suppose the company’s thinking is that if a DE draft fails on the debit side, the agent has more incentive to try to salvage the case, and can even change it into an agent collection account if need be. Personally, I prefer to write DE cases as agent collected. They can still pay me with their card, but if it doesn’t go through, we both know it right then and there instead of several days later when the notice arrives.

Last edited:
Back