D2D Presentation for Independent Agents

For those who have gone D2D, where have you grabbed your presentations from? I'm new at this and have gone around D2D just to introduce myself and to get used to it, but now I need a presentation. I figure I'll have to create/buy my own presentation material. But I just need the actual presentation.

It really depends on what you're selling. For me, I offer a financial consultation, so I keep my one-pager to bullet points of financial concepts and problems I help people solve.

When I was with Combined Insurance, we had what they called "the 4 block" presentation.
- Up to $100,000 in the event of premature death
- Up to $5,000 per month if you become sick or hurt and cannot work
- Up to $50,000 lump sum if diagnosed with a major illness
(Some line about their accident policy coverage) to help pay for doctors and hospitals when you get injured

Then you'd simply ask something along the lines of "which of these 4 coverages would you like to hear more about?"

If you're doing "senior benefits", you can do something about medicare supplement and final expense and perhaps list sample premiums (subject to company compliance and regulations).

In the cold-calling forum, there's a residential canvassing thread and whirleybird had a "checklist" of items or concepts that people were interested in discussing, then, once completed - he set the appointment or got permission to follow up.

I look at D2D more as an introduction of me and why I'm standing on their doorstep.
I do these steps 1st:
1. Mail information. A simple card stock brochure of your elevator speech and your business card. - I include that I will be stopping by their neighborhood to provide more information.
2. A week after I U.S. mail them, I come to their home.
3. I bring my goodie bag filled with some candy, the card stock brochure and my business card along with a gimme gift such as a chip clip with my name and phone number on it.
4. When I knock on the door, I show then my ID and credentials and tell them who I am and if they received my U.S. mailer I sent to them. If so, or if not, the answer is the same: "Great! I have an extra here. I'm in your neighborhood talking with other folks who are excited about XYZ that I offer. The rates are amazing and many folks are setting up an appointment for me to sit and talk with them. Can I set you up for an appointment? Or I can show you now. "
Then I begin to get out my appointment book and a presentation book. I wait for their response. If no, I'm not interested, depending what your selling them, I tell them to please take the goodie bag and perhaps they will look to me in the future. If yes to an appointment, I get their info, such as phone number if you don't already have it. I give them a card stock appointment reminder.
If they tell me to come on in, then I go sell them the policy.
****If you only get an appointment set, the date you set it for, make it during lunch or dinner and bring them lunch or dinner. They will be home and will let you in and while they eat, they are listening to you and will want to do business with you.
KFC bucket of fried chicken meal or Jimmy Johns basic sandwich or other easy to carry options. It won't cost you much and it will make an impression on them because no one else is doing it.

Back