Dave Ramsey lawsuit

He doesn't have to own the company to be liable for misleading statements he makes as a paid spokesman. The FTC is very clear about this.

"Money back guarantee" was definitely a misleading statement. Furthermore, he must know that the statements were misleading at the time they were made.

He continued to promote the company despite the Washington AG alleged that customers had a difficult time obtaining refunds and denied refunds after years of failure in resolving cases.

A year later Dave Ramsey noted he stopped endorsing them after "they could not afford the fee." A couple of months later, the company settled.

Dave will be settling this case.

There are no charges/indictments in a civil case. The complaint is the who, what, and desired remedy of a lawsuit.

First, I never said he had to own a piece of the charged company. Second, I wasn't referring to the civil case exclusively. As I said, there may be criminal charges here as well -- not saying who, but there could be.

I already read the complaint where Ramsey (and Happy Time Media Group) is getting sued. That was filed in the Western District of Washington. quite some time ago. This also has class-action status, which can swing the door open very, very wide. Maybe this just starts at $150 million.

If Ramsey was paid $30 million (approximately/allegedly his listeners paid $70 million in fees) he is not getting away from this for zero toll. This will cost, and cost him dearly, financially and in other ways.

So, he stopped promoting them AFTER they stopped paying him...Gee...I wonder if he has insurance?

Last edited:
If he had a whole life policy, he may be creditor protected.

LOL...it very much depends! First, who owns the policy? Him? Spouse? Trust? Second, depending on state law, the cash value can be treated differently than the proceeds. I just saw something on a pop up news article that said Ramsey's estimated net worth is $200 million. If true, that's a surprise.

Back