Day One

I think that the initial poster demonstrates determination and resolve that the position of selling insurance is the high road. As a manager I think my position is to instill and demonstrate belief in both my product and my industry. In other words just because I have no leads this week is no excuse for not going out there and making things happen. On top of that if I can demonstrate and transfer to my new recruit my belief that selling insurance is a superior profession by demonstrating how with even no leads we can put money in our pockets from week one then I believe the odds of him or her washing out will greatly be reduced. It works, I have demonstrated in the field that it works, now you have a track to run so make a decision to do it and go do it! :noteworthy:

You're talking to someone in almost the same position. Not as bad as not having money for gas and such - I had some cash when I went independent but not much.

There were no online apps and no one had a weekly advance. I was lucky since at that time "Fortis" had the 192 Series in MD and the plans were insanely inexpensive and benefit rich. However, it was belly to belly, paper app, pay every other week so I didn't have time to screw around.

I printed off flyers from my computer and hit BtoB for about 4 hours a day every day for weeks and weeks. Half the day was BtoB - the other half was running appointments I scheduled.

The results was I was earning about $3,000+ per week - paid everything off, all CC debt and two cars. After that I relaxed from BtoB.

But you're either going to do it or you're not. I wasn't looking for "scripts" or for people to "make me successful."

Tell your "friend" or "agent" to either suck it up and hit the pavement with flyers or get out. Basically "s**t or get off the pot."

I hear far too many dead broke agents talk about what they "don't wanna do." They don't "like" telemarketing or don't "like" going BtoB.

Funny....I didn't like being broke worse.

When I lived in Tampa I had to call the police after witnessing a traffic accident. We waited 45 minutes for the police to arrive! Still I have worked other areas where the police have stopped me and I had to show my ID. Once I was asked to present my social security card and they ran me because of my activity. Later he told me that his uncle once sold insurance and asked if I had anything that covered accidental deaths for police officers. I now do!

You're talking to someone in almost the same position. Not as bad as not having money for gas and such - I had some cash when I went independent but not much.

There were no online apps and no one had a weekly advance. I was lucky since at that time "Fortis" had the 192 Series in MD and the plans were insanely inexpensive and benefit rich. However, it was belly to belly, paper app, pay every other week so I didn't have time to screw around.

I printed off flyers from my computer and hit BtoB for about 4 hours a day every day for weeks and weeks. Half the day was BtoB - the other half was running appointments I scheduled.

The results was I was earning about $3,000+ per week - paid everything off, all CC debt and two cars. After that I relaxed from BtoB.

But you're either going to do it or you're not. I wasn't looking for "scripts" or for people to "make me successful."

Tell your "friend" or "agent" to either suck it up and hit the pavement with flyers or get out. Basically "s**t or get off the pot."

I hear far too many dead broke agents talk about what they "don't wanna do." They don't "like" telemarketing or don't "like" going BtoB.

Funny....I didn't like being broke worse.

:policeman: Total agreement! Thanks!

Usually when captive agencies hire new agents with no leads and no base, they have them write up a 100 list.

Have him list all his relatives, friends, neighbors, old school teachers etc and approach them first.

I don't like working that way but if he's desparate and determined, it should be better than complete cold calling.

Also, why did you hire him with no leads if he has no way to afford to buy leads? He should either be on a lower commission with you providing leads or a higher commission with part of that going toward leads. Why is he in that position to start with?

With the exception that if you're selling underwritten products some members of your family (especially extended) and friends may not want to disclose personal health issues. This is why I've never directly hit up any of my friends of family members. They came to me.

I agree with your thoughts on the Project 100!
Sometimes someone passes their test and presents themselves when you least expect it.
Besides, sometimes a newer agent will appreciate leads better if they have spent a week or two going belly to belly the hard way. Other times I have had agents say "Spend $400 on leads when I can just go out and find my own?" And they do and they love it!

Well here's the GOOD news...the Sulphur Springs neighborhood he's talkin' about here in Tampa doesn't have any "managed properties" for sure...

As for TPD showing up...just pray you don't end up in the Orient Road Jail...especially in a wheelchair!

YouTube - GOON cops dump paralyzed man from wheelchair

When the lawyers are done with this one, that little dump in the wheel chair will turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to that person.

Winter

When the lawyers are done with this one, that little dump in the wheel chair will turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to that person.

**UPDATE**

The detention deputy was allowed to "resign" (pension intact) a few days later, then arrested for assault.

The disabled gentleman agreed to "pre-trial intervention" for the deputy -- no jail time.

His lawsuit against the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office (along with many more that suddenly appeared) is pending...

When I lived in Tampa I had to call the police after witnessing a traffic accident. We waited 45 minutes for the police to arrive! Still I have worked other areas where the police have stopped me and I had to show my ID. Once I was asked to present my social security card and they ran me because of my activity. Later he told me that his uncle once sold insurance and asked if I had anything that covered accidental deaths for police officers. I now do!

Hmmm... The TPD...

This reminds of a nightmare experience that I had many years ago in Tampa; Dec of 1972 to be exact. I was robbed at gunpoint, hit on the back of the head by the butt of the pistol, not knocked out but dazed, head was bleeding.

This occured outside of a bar about 12:30 am... The bar called the police, reluctantly. The TPD showed up and their first line of questioning was whether I was somehow involved in a staged robbery...?

"Duh, yea I like being hit on the head with a gun, Barney... Now why don't you pull that bullet out of your shirt pocket and go shoot yourself..."

Fortunately the scoundrels pulled a couple of other jobs and sloppily left enough evidence that Ray Charles could see the bottom of that case... Arrested and convicted.

Ah, the good old days in Tampa... (Dale Mabry Hwy and Gandy Blvd)

Back