Declined for Minor Conditions?

Yet again proof that what the general public thinks is minor and what an insurance underwriter thinks is minor are two completely different things.

It clear from the tread that fibroids could be the reason behind the decline, have you tried going to an insurance broker who can find her a policy rather then the company in question?

Maltida...really, this is your answer? So, she has this condition, which in 33% of cases leads to a hysterectomy, but she promises the insurance carrier that she will not have a hysterectomy. Whether they shrink after menopause or not is not important, what is important is that the mere presence can lead to a significant medical condition/expense.

No offense, but if you are selling individual health you may want to spend some time to better understand the underwriting process and issues.

She has hemorroids, fibroids (which will shrink once she goes thru menopause according to research), and had migranes about 10 years ago, otherwise is healthy and does not go to the doctor on a regular basis for any recurring problems, nor does she take any perscriptions.

I would bet there are more health conditions than this. Or, they are more serious than stated.

if she's coming off of cobra, should be able to get a hipaa eligible plan, although it will be expensive. federal risk pool i think in texas if she's without for 6 months, not sure if they have a state risk pool... ask a local guy about that one

Maltida...really, this is your answer? So, she has this condition, which in 33% of cases leads to a hysterectomy, but she promises the insurance carrier that she will not have a hysterectomy. Whether they shrink after menopause or not is not important, what is important is that the mere presence can lead to a significant medical condition/expense.

No offense, but if you are selling individual health you may want to spend some time to better understand the underwriting process and issues.
Leevena:
I am not selling health insurance and she didnt promise the insurance company she is not going to have a hysterectomy.
I just wanted to get some quality advice from members of this
forum that are well versed in selling health insurance so that I
can pass it along to her and, hopefully, help her out.

I doubt the underwriter is considering the fact that the fibroids could shrink after menopause in the first place if it isn't well known/ well researched. They are just focusing on the fact she has fibroids, she's 56, and they don't know what other conditions weren't mentioned.

Back