Declined for Strep Throat. WTF?

It's almost like the industry is begging for universal healthcare by declining most applicants.

Just heard on radio yesterday a John Hopkins study that says obesity will be 60% of our population by yr 2015. They keep talking about fat kids while they feed them liquid cheese/corndogs/pizza in schools.

It's almost like the industry is begging for universal healthcare by declining most applicants.

Just heard on radio yesterday a John Hopkins study that says obesity will be 60% of our population by yr 2015. They keep talking about fat kids while they feed them liquid cheese/corndogs/pizza in schools.

That's because by 2015 we don't want Baseball to be our National Past Time - Get ready for Sumo Wrestling!!

I guess Im going to have to ask every one of they had a cold this year before submitting an application.

I hear that they are planning on adding a question to the application that states, "Have you ever thought about visiting a doctor anytime in the past 5 years?" Below that will read, "If so when and why?" Any "yes" answer is an auto decline!

Good luck with that!

Thats the plan, but Im not sure about if she will make it back to Unicare? She might catch a cold in the next year and get declined again!

now how do you know that the doctors did not write in her records that she might also need her tonsils removed in the near future.....I had a guy get a GB waiver one time and he thought the insurance company was crazy because his doctor never said anything about his GB.....turns out in his MR the doctor noted that he thinks he might have a polyp on his GB.....and never told his patient....

now how do you know that the doctors did not write in her records that she might also need her tonsils removed in the near future.....I had a guy get a GB waiver one time and he thought the insurance company was crazy because his doctor never said anything about his GB.....turns out in his MR the doctor noted that he thinks he might have a polyp on his GB.....and never told his patient....

"Never told his patient" :err:

I think I would be finding another Doctor for starters then possibly talking to a malpractice attorney after that if I were that Guy.

Don't worry - we all deal with the BS. I have an Assurant client who's been on the books going on three years so we discussed options. I recommended the GR HSA - he's slighly overweight, 5 pounds over standard on HBP well controlled one med 10mg dosage.

Called GR pre-screen: NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL - ESPECIALLY ON A HIGH DEDUCTIBLE PLAN! SUBMIT IT!!! It took GR just over a week to flat decline it - let me know by shooting out a letter and a day following had the gall to mail the policy just for his wife!!!! Thank's GR!!!

Of course, I told GR to ram up where the sun don't shine, kill the policy just for the wife and now we're off to a Aetna which I should have recommended at the get-go. Declined for 5 pounds over standard - still WELL within the guidelines and HBP on a HSA? GR has lost their minds. ANY other carriers takes that deal in a day. Lesson again learned.

If it were UNICARE FIT antibiotics of any type within 30 days is typically an auto decline. They are concerned about leading to other things.

I would have wrote a 30 day short term, and a long term after 30 days.

Now that he/she has been declined, I am not even sure you could write a Unicare short term one of the questions on the applications is... "have you ever been declined..." if answered YES application is auto rejected.

Just remember anti biotics within last 30 days is no dice with Unicare (except SOUND product).

If it were UNICARE FIT antibiotics of any type within 30 days is typically an auto decline. They are concerned about leading to other things.

I would have wrote a 30 day short term, and a long term after 30 days.

Now that he/she has been declined, I am not even sure you could write a Unicare short term one of the questions on the applications is... "have you ever been declined..." if answered YES application is auto rejected.

Just remember anti biotics within last 30 days is no dice with Unicare (except SOUND product).

A regional sales manager with Unicare recommended she apply for a short term. I tried to get her to go on an Aetna plan but she insisted on wanting to go with the Unicare short term plan then on a long term in 60 days!

yea.....wait till you see the new rates for Oct.......

A regional sales manager with Unicare recommended she apply for a short term. I tried to get her to go on an Aetna plan but she insisted on wanting to go with the Unicare short term plan then on a long term in 60 days!

Back