Declined for Strep Throat. WTF?

about 20% to 25%.....but .....this happens every year at this time....but in the past 9% to 15%....but it always seems that by the time Oct hits everyone else has adjusted their rates.....we will see....at any rate my book will be shopped....

Yep. Having to switch clients at year 2 and 3 is unexpected income for me. I had planned on just letting people stay with the same company or re-underwriting them and getting new rates. Ain't working out that way. A lot of my clients really could give a crap who they're with - they just want a solid affordable plan. There's no "brand loyality" at all - especially when their rates get jacked 20%.

Why re-underwrite through the same company? I mean, how much of a sucker am I? If they get a new plan they're 2 year period starts over so there's no protection there and I get paid? Well....nothing. I just keep getting renewals. No way. If they're new 2 year period has to start over and another company has a great plan that saves money I'm going for the 1st year commish. The insurance companies need to wake up.

thats the truth.......but a 20% on the lower than everyone else's prem and in most case's is not worth the switch to save $10 to $20....

There's no "brand loyality" at all - especially when their rates get jacked 20%.

There's an entire thread on it. But download the Unicare brochures and make a chart showing each benefit then compare it against other companies. That's what I did.

Back