Denied Appointment for Consumer Bankruptcy

Gracious1

I was sent a denial letter by a well known life insurance company because I had a non asset, consumer bankruptcy
last year. You might remember this period when many credit card companies were jacking customers rates and % of balance repayments. At the same time I lost too much business due to the economy. Anyhow, Is this denial letter situation common to life insurance and annunity companies, as some have me appointed and I have no trouble getting appointed with health insurance companies? Would a letterof appeal or exception with relevant information help?:1baffled::1baffled:

Appointments for life are a bit different than since you're dealing with people money and are almost an pseudo financial advisor. So yes, life carriers tend to be a little more strict about credit than health carriers.

That said, I'm sure that out of the 40+ life carriers available you should find more than enough who are willing to appoint you.

they will probably appoint you if your upline ask for an appeal and not give you an advance. If you tried to go direct to the carrier then there is a higher chance for a decline since no one is taking financial responsibility for your business. American General use to do this all the time. If you tried to get a direct contract and had bad credit, they would deny you. However, if you went through an IMO or FMO who would take responsibility for you and place you as-earned, they are much more apt to approve your appointment.

Back