Dental Discount That Works?

You do have to be a bit savvy and hold your own. For example, they wanted my wife to come back for a root canal "consultation" or some nonsense - $175. I said, ummmm, nope. Schedule her and we'll get it done. Without blinking they said "sure." That was a pure $175 stroke.

That's odd.

The link didn't work in Chrome or FF, but when I pasted it into IE it worked.

Go figure.

My dentist accepts nothing, except a payment, LOL

But realistically, the reason I started with DP was because I found my client's dentists in the network.

Do you really think our client use only the best dentists?

Not a chance.

I always recommend dental discount plans over insurance. I also tell the client to find the dentist they want to go to and ask them which plans they accept, then go to dentalplans.com and shop. The commissions and the potential for problems keep me from actually selling them, though I am an agent for Careington.

For example, they wanted my wife to come back for a root canal "consultation" or some nonsense - $175.

Excellent point. I would have done it for $89.

But realistically, the reason I started with DP was because I found my client's dentists in the network.

They call their dentist to make an appointment, and tell the receptionist they joined the XYZ Dental Plan.

The next available appointment is August 16, 2032.

Right now I am selling Dental PPO plans. They have the best rates with the best coverage. Then if a network provider does something wrong like not doing perio charting before a crown well then the client and the carrier does not have to pay because the dentist signed the contract to be in the PPO network.

I have a handful of dental practices as clients and couple of them are my friends and they all tell me the same thing. The only reason they would join a network discount plan is to obtain new clients when they are just starting out.

If the dentist takes a particular discount plan you're fine - research first.

Also be able to understand the schedule of benefits. For example, you may see "adult cleaning = $50" however you have to add it up:

Oral Exam - $22
BiteWing Xrays - $19
Adult Cleaning - $50

Now you have the total cost.

Yes, good point.

It, like everything else comes own to explaining the benefit options and letting them come to an informed decision, not just selling them something.

If the dentist takes a particular discount plan you're fine - research first.

Also be able to understand the schedule of benefits. For example, you may see "adult cleaning = $50" however you have to add it up:

Oral Exam - $22
BiteWing Xrays - $19
Adult Cleaning - $50

Now you have the total cost.

My dentist accepts nothing, except a payment, LOL

My favorite little pizza joint here in Tampa is run by two brothers from NYC. Just a hole-in-the-wall, with the excellent (authentic) thin crust NY pie - the kind where you have to fold over a slice to eat it. I always order a Peroni with it. They each work about 156 hours a week.

Place hasn't been remodeled since 1968. Their prized possession is a picture of them with Vinny Testaverde when he was with the Bucs.

Approved payment modes: NO credit cards, NO debit cards, NO checks.

Cash.

Back