Dental Question

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a client on Ameritus and she went in for a cleaning and was told it was a deep cleaning and after insurance paid $75 she owes $700

Does that even make sense even if one does not have insurance ?

2nd if it all makes sense does anyone cover better? CUL?

I have a client on Ameritus and she went in for a cleaning and was told it was a deep cleaning and after insurance paid $75 she owes $700

$700 ??

I hope they cleaned her tonsils and her gall bladder while they were in there.

$700 ??

I hope they cleaned her tonsils and her gall bladder while they were in there.

Thought that sounded insane, but stranger things happened, and I dont know about this type of thing well

So I thought I would ask here is that many ANY sense

vic120 said:

If someone thought they were just getting a cleaning (Ameritas covers 2 yearly), they should have been told by the dentist that it was more involved than that and would cost more.

Did your client call the dentist to ask about the bill?

Deep cleaning usually run $150-$400 depending on area. The $700 charge does sound very high. Are you sure the deep cleaning was the only charge or are there others?

vic120 said:

If someone thought they were just getting a cleaning (Ameritas covers 2 yearly), they should have been told by the dentist that it was more involved than that and would cost more.

Did your client call the dentist to ask about the bill?

She called me from the dentist, they told her right after service

Back