When is the best time to switch someone

Medicare bro

Super Genius
I have been an agent for 12 years, but started my own agency about a year ago. Back in my wild west days I could less about the right time to switch someone who has an advantage plan. The scenario is this. I have a couple of leads that I can easily switch them from one company to another before AEP due to the disaster SEP. Would it be best to just wait until AEP, as far as retainment of client and commission? Or is it best to do it now and establish the relationship? I want to build this the right way. Thanks

at this point i would wait until you have an inkling of what their 2025 benefits are for current plan and future plan-of course you can't say anything to them about 2025 until they get their ANOC and ask you.

Assuming they aren't significantly into their max oop on the current plan and you are improving their situation why wait? Get that work out of the way now when you are less busy and you never know....people that are hot leads now might cool off during aep or they develop a health issue and get scared to change.

I have been an agent for 12 years, but started my own agency about a year ago. Back in my wild west days I could less about the right time to switch someone who has an advantage plan. The scenario is this. I have a couple of leads that I can easily switch them from one company to another before AEP due to the disaster SEP. Would it be best to just wait until AEP, as far as retainment of client and commission? Or is it best to do it now and establish the relationship? I want to build this the right way. Thanks
What election did they miss where they could use the disaster SEP?

If it puts them in a better spot to move them now, do it. You’ll also get a prorated commission plus renewals start in Jan.

If it puts them in a better spot to move them now, do it. You’ll also get a prorated commission plus renewals start in Jan.
I am not doubting you at all but when I switch someone this late in the year I don't start renewals until the same time next year. Maybe I'm just not looking at my commissions sheet well. That is one thing I don't look at much. I have an accountant.

I am not doubting you at all but when I switch someone this late in the year I don't start renewals until the same time next year. Maybe I'm just not looking at my commissions sheet well. That is one thing I don't look at much. I have an accountant.
That would be unusual. Do you assign your commissions?

Back