Dental Question

Deep cleaning usually run $150-$400 depending on area. The $700 charge does sound very high. Are you sure the deep cleaning was the only charge or are there others?
This is an area of dental service I've not looked at because so far it doesn't apply to me. I assume it is periodontal disease related.

And I don't know exactly what periondontal disease is and issues involved, Only that I have seen comments about some people needing cleanings four times a year rather than two.

I am not good at thinking about collateral issues, but since you raised the possibility:

If the person has gum problems, and, had not been to a dentist for awhile, would it make sense that maybe the dentist also did a full mouth xray set to see if there were any decay or jaw structure damage that needed to be addressed too?

(also if this was a dentist NOT in an Ameritas network, patient would be being subject to provider's full retail, not a network adjusted figure like OP might be more used to thinking about.)

Buzzard Boy ought to know. His teeth glow in the dark.

Right @LostDollar ?
Not yet.

:idea:

That could be a problem, I might attract fireflies in the yard at night.

:GEEK: On the other hand:

It might be a help, I might not have to turn on the light when I get up at night to go to the bathroom.

:twitchy:

and I am not sure, but @Chazm might have a comment here too.

It seems to me like he stopped selling Ameritas because he did not want to spend his time discussing issues like this with his clients.

You've got fireflies? I haven't seen those suckers in years.
Yes, we have let a lot of volunteer trees grow in our backyard. This makes some daytime shade which must help them survive in the heat advisory weather 2-3-4 weeks ago.

A couple of weeks ago I looked out around 9-10 at night and must have seen at least 20 little lights flashing on an off.

(also if this was a dentist NOT in an Ameritas network, patient would be being subject to provider's full retail, not a network adjusted figure like OP might be more used to thinking about.)
Doubt if this is the issue, the estimated cost figures I provided were retail, not after discounts. Something is just not right here. Maybe the dentist is charging way too much, or there are other charges in the quoted prices that are not being provided, something.

Doubt if this is the issue, the estimated cost figures I provided were retail, not after discounts. Something is just not right here. Maybe the dentist is charging way too much, or there are other charges in the quoted prices that are not being provided, something.

I found out the fact it it is a Periodontal charge, which is OK she chose the low plan, with 10% cov 1st year and 20% 2nd and even if she went with high option it would only be 20% in first year

The problem is dentist is changing nearly 800 for cleaning

she is not getting it done there trying a different place if they charge as much she will just pay it and understand

Her cov only started today

so the problem is not her coverage

I have a client on Ameritus and she went in for a cleaning and was told it was a deep cleaning and after insurance paid $75 she owes $700

Does that even make sense even if one does not have insurance ?

2nd if it all makes sense does anyone cover better? CUL?
Ouch, way over priced. This is info sent out by Lifeshield.

People should find out the cost and the limits of their dental policy BEFORE they get the work done.

Ouch, way over priced. This is info sent out by Lifeshield.

People should find out the cost and the limits of their dental policy BEFORE they get the work done.

yea she just was told it was going to be a cleaning till they took xrays and she was in the chair

Back