Dental/Vision/Hearing

What about medico’s new plan . Doesn’t seem too bad . I have no idea what the commission is .

I have an association Dental plan. It's really solid. Delta Dental network, 3k annual with all remaining amount rolling over up to 6k. No waiting periods or denials, even on major services. $100 deductible on $62 dollar plan, $150 on basic and major services (none on preventative) on $69 dollar plan. 70/30.

$62 for Delta network PPO, $69 for any dentist.

I don't earn an override for it or any compensation for anything you write. If you are interested, let me know and I'll send you the sign up link or the marketing sheet.

15% comm for life of policy.

I've never seen a rollover. That's cool.

If it's available in NC I'd be interested as well. Pretty happy w/ Ameritas but this could be a good alternative.

I have these conversations almost weekly. My response?

"In 45 years in this business I have never once seen a dental or vision plan I would buy for myself, much less recommend it. If you want to look at plans and ask my opinion on one you are considering, I will tell you exactly how it works. If you still want to buy it you can't complain to me when you are disappointed."

Most never buy a plan, or if they do, they don't tell me. A few have told me later that I was right and they regret buying the plan.

I used to have a website (actually a handful of sites) that allowed folks to shop & compare plans, then sign up if they wanted. I rarely had calls from folks, before or after they signed up. At one time I made maybe $600 - $700 annually in dental commissions. Now it is more like $300 or less.

Some folks have kept their plan for 10 years or long and I still get paid. Still amazed they keep paying the premium.

Just got some info on an association plan using Delta Dental. Appears to be different from the one Travis mentioned as the premiums are different. There are three plan options. In my zip code (and it may be the same across all zip codes, I really don't know yet), the premiums are $27.71, $54.00 and $60.01 (slightly less than double for Individual +1). This is in addition to the $10.95 per month association membership. The plans have a carryover credit for any unused portion. They also have no waiting period for major services which is likely appealing to some folks. The two higher premium plans have a $3,000 benefit and pay 70% on major services.

The downside here is I can see people enrolling, getting their crown completed and then dropping the plan. It's likely going to cause premiums to increase in the future.

Just got some info on an association plan using Delta Dental. Appears to be different from the one Travis mentioned as the premiums are different. There are three plan options. In my zip code (and it may be the same across all zip codes, I really don't know yet), the premiums are $27.71, $54.00 and $60.01 (slightly less than double for Individual +1). This is in addition to the $10.95 per month association membership. The plans have a carryover credit for any unused portion. They also have no waiting period for major services which is likely appealing to some folks. The two higher premium plans have a $3,000 benefit and pay 70% on major services.

The downside here is I can see people enrolling, getting their crown completed and then dropping the plan. It's likely going to cause premiums to increase in the future.

It is different. The association dues for my plan are baked into the premium.

I also see your point and agree. Which is why I don't offer it as a stand alone product. It's part of their Medicare package.

Med Supp, Part D, Dental okay.
Part D and Dental okay...
I just need dental.. no go...

The more policies, the less likely of lapse on a single plan.

My plan only pays as earned, so from a commission standpoint, it isn't an issue.

From a premium standpoint, it's on us as "field underwriters" to assess if the risk is good or not.

They also have no waiting period for major services which is likely appealing to some folks. The two higher premium plans have a $3,000 benefit and pay 70% on major services.

Seems like Humana had (has?) a plan like that. No waiting period. Might be an HMO type plan (no out of network coverage). You are required to keep the plan for 12 months.

Seems like Humana had (has?) a plan like that. No waiting period. Might be an HMO type plan (no out of network coverage). You are required to keep the plan for 12 months.

I don't know about their individual dental plan but if its anything like their MA plan Dental,

I often see 2K benefit but the coverage % is not good

minimal cov on maj

and the way it set up you really won't reach that 2K max even if you need a lot of work

and on top of that, the networks blow

I have sold the Humana DHMO plan (C550 in Georgia) in the past when someone wanted immediate coverage, no waiting period, no annual cap on benefits. Pretty decent plan as long as you understand what you are getting.

VERY limited network of par providers.

I think it is (was) around $15 per month.

Back