Direct Mail Card Appt Setting

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am doing a 1,000 weekly mail drop for Med Supp. Low MA area, 25-100k income. I get a decent return rate.

My dilemma is this. Do I call and say "hi, my name is Justin and you mailed a card about the changes to medicare, Im going be out in xyz street tomorrow would morning or afternoon be better for me to get you this info it will only take 4 to 5 minutes" or qualify and find out what they have and only set appt if I know I can help them.

These are all face to face. This is not a phone/face to face debate. Just, how do I write 20 supps a month at least.

I am doing a 1,000 weekly mail drop for Med Supp. Low MA area, 25-100k income. I get a decent return rate.

My dilemma is this. Do I call and say "hi, my name is Justin and you mailed a card about the changes to medicare, Im going be out in xyz street tomorrow would morning or afternoon be better for me to get you this info it will only take 4 to 5 minutes" or qualify and find out what they have and only set appt if I know I can help them.

These are all face to face. This is not a phone/face to face debate. Just, how do I write 20 supps a month at least.

First off, I highly highly doubt you’ll write 20 med supps a month off of 1k cards. But prove me wrong.

I’ve never mailed out med supp only cards, I’ve only done T65 but I would imagine your pitch would work to get in the door.
I would think to start off, don’t ask Health questions.

Id say, I’m calling because I got a card back from you requesting info about changes to Medicare. (What changes are you showing them BTW)? Are you free tomorrow at 2?

I personally hate saying I’ll be in the area. Too many times people won’t be there because they won’t feel bad because you were in the area anyways.

I am sending 1k per week or 4k per month...do I need to mail more than that? Its actually a lead connections card about Medicare Changes, medicare supplement insurerers raising their rates...but most dont read that part...

I am sending 1k per week or 4k per month...do I need to mail more than that? Its actually a lead connections card about Medicare Changes, medicare supplement insurerers raising their rates...but most dont read that part...

Oh 4K month is much better. I get about a 3% response on t65 so I don’t know what your response will be. Let’s assume 2% conservative.
80 cards a month.
Youll have to set half of them and sell half of those. Gonna be tough, but doable.

Im willing to send much more, just trying to dial in the correct amount...

Are you calling these yourself? At a certain number of cards it’ll become too much. You’ll probably call on cards you can’t reach for a few months. To me, 80 cards would the max I could handle every month without wasting cards.

Yes. I am calling myself. I just want to send the proper volume of cards in order to sell 20 supps/ month

First off, I highly highly doubt you’ll write 20 med supps a month off of 1k cards. But prove me wrong.

I’ve never mailed out med supp only cards, I’ve only done T65 but I would imagine your pitch would work to get in the door.
I would think to start off, don’t ask Health questions.

Id say, I’m calling because I got a card back from you requesting info about changes to Medicare. (What changes are you showing them BTW)? Are you free tomorrow at 2?

I personally hate saying I’ll be in the area. Too many times people won’t be there because they won’t feel bad because you were in the area anyways.

thats an interesting point. I use to like saying this because i though it would create urgency that I was only going to be in the area that day. but you right too many times peoples wont be home.

You dont say where you are--does your state(s) have a GI period for Med Supps?

Back