Disablity vs Occupational Accident ???

This is largely not true.

Disability insurance (group or individual) can and most do cover you for any reason you can't do your job, regardless of where it occurs.

That's why more dangerous occupations are tougher to insure.

The coordination of benefits largely comes into play with social supplements and some group.

Individual DI will not normally offset (you still need the income loss). The applicant will be subject to the I/P limits of each carrier when they purchase their policy, however.

There are plenty of DI policies that even let you go back to work in another profession, earn money, and stay on claim.

Who do you think offers the best DI policies? MoO's seems pretty strong in some areas and pretty weak in others.

The old saying is, the best disability policy is the on that is inforce when a disability strikes. However, depending on the occupation of the insured will depend on which carrier I recommend. Lawyers, Physicians, and the like I will look to Standard, Mass Mutual, or Guardian however, the more grey-collar or blue-collar the occupation, the more I look at the other carriers like MOO, Assurity, Illinois Mutual, etc. There are so many provisions that each carrier has that it is impossible to say "this is the best". But, we all have our preferred carriers depending on the situation.

All that said, if you would like help, feel free to call or PM me.

Last edited:
Who do you think offers the best DI policies? MoO's seems pretty strong in some areas and pretty weak in others.

There aren't a ton of carriers so you should have access to pretty much everyone.

It depends on your market/niche/reason for selling DI and a lot of other factors as to which carriers should be the first out of your bag (or on your first computer monitor in my case)

The best disability policy is the one that will pay the claim without a hassle.

Nothing else matters.

Back