DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

How does it help prevent cancer? I may be genetically disposed to it but having that knowledge won't keep me from getting it. However, that knowledge might prevent an insurance company from insuring me or an employer from hiring me. I see more of a potential downside than upside.

That is a point I have been trying to make about genetic tests since a post I was attacked for making in an article thread about genetic testing and life insurance.

It seems to me that genetic testing of various types is becoming more and more widely available and used, and as the amount of personal test results in "the system" increase and become more statistically significant, insurance company actuaries and underwriters will start to develop methods to include those results in "insurability evaluations" they do for potential customers.

There is a very long ways between a diagnosed cancer victim's long term family physician or newly acquired specialized oncologist prescribing this test to help determine the best course of treatment for an existing cancer and the "marketing" schemes" (which "CMS is going to nip soon") that the "scheme" proponent is defending in this thread.

Personally identifiable information I’m sure he wouldn’t want on the forum. Go ahead and set up outside a police station if you think it’s such a good idea.

That is a point I have been trying to make about genetic tests since a post I was attacked for making in an article thread about genetic testing and life insurance.

It seems to me that genetic testing of various types is becoming more and more widely available and used, and as the amount of personal test results in "the system" increase and become more statistically significant, insurance company actuaries and underwriters will start to develop methods to include those results in "insurability evaluations" they do for potential customers.

There is a very long ways between a diagnosed cancer victim's long term family physician or newly acquired specialized oncologist prescribing this test to help determine the best course of treatment for an existing cancer and the "marketing" schemes" (which "CMS is going to nip soon") that the "scheme" proponent is defending in this thread.
There is a 2008 law that presumably forbids an insurer or employer from discriminating against you an the basis of the genetic testing.. However,we all know how that tends to out..

It's not carte blanche
Medicare Will Cover Genetic Cancer Testing, With Caveats

I have a real problem with non-professionals stating something is or is not covered. Not say the shoe fits you, just a general statement.

DNA testing can be beneficial but it isn't a magic pill.

When MA was introduced it was received with the same red flag. Look at the numbers? it is becoming more popular every year.

Diabetic shoe is covered by health Insurance. But some people will spend money because they are not aware they can get them at no cost.

Povidiving diabetic shoe to patients is a preventive movement to prevent amputation which cost the government more money for disability and the cost of maintenance verse a pair of shoe.

Genetic cancer screening provides DNA, the genotype of a particular cancer. This is meant to be preventive. Some cancer are hereditary such as prostate, breast cancer etc.

When genetic cancer of a family history is already identified it is detected early and removed before it mutates to stage 4. Chemo and all medical cost for a cancer patient is very expensive one can spend easy $10,000.

Look at it as a positive program that will cost the patient less money. Medicare is ready to spend anything less than $10000 to treat one patient for chemo.

Back