Do I Need an Agency If I Have an FMO

nikib

Question

I am with an agency and FMO. Can I stay with the FMO if I get a release from the agency.

What is the benefit of being a GA?

When I get released do I need to call the carriers and inform them and if so what is it I am soppose to be doing.
Do I need to ask for a release for my downlines as well?
I'm sorry if it appears I have no Idea what to do are say. But that is true. I have been taught to sell only nothing of the business of insurance

Thanks all in advance

Question

I am with an agency and FMO. Can I stay with the FMO if I get a release from the agency.

When I get released do I need to call the carriers and inform them and if so what is it I am soppose to be doing.
I'm sorry if it appears I have no Idea what to do are say. But that is true. I have been taught to sell only nothing of the business of insurance

Thanks all in advance

What is it you are trying to do? If you want to change to a different FMO you need a release from the FMO. If you contracted under a different middleman within the FMO usually they are not going to release you. That's why those multi level marketing agencies exist is to recruit everybody and everybody stuck under the guy that recruited him.

If you actually do get a release you want to verify that it says that it includes your downline agents. But the fact that you even have downline agents and you don't understand the very basics of how the insurance business works is a concern.

I can tell you if you do get them to agree to release you (very unlikely) you definitely want to talk to multiple FMO's other than the one that you're under. You are under a multilevel marketing FMO. Once you understand what other options you have you will begin to understand how bad your situation has been.

It depends on what you're trying to do. For example, with some regional MAPD plans, you will have to go with an agency. (With the talk of downlines, I doubt you are referring to this product.) But it may not be wise to put all of your contracts with that agency unless you need support (training, etc) and they are able to provide it.

Question

Thanks all in advance

How in the world did you become an FMO?

Back