Do I Need to Make a Hard Copy of Auto Policy?

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
I recently joined USAA and purchased an automobile policy from them. The price was great and the customer service outstanding. Everything was done on the phone and on their website, including my electronic signature where required.

Last night they transmitted my policy to their website. Yikes! It is 77 (seventy-seven) pages long. They have a place where you can click "Archive." That policy is chewing up a lot of space on my computer. I was wondering is any of you P&C agents are familiar with them. Should I print out a copy of the policy and subsequently remove it from my computer, or if I click "Archive" would that free up space and allow me to retrieve the policy if I need it at a future time?

If it's taking too much space you might be time to upgrade ;)

That being said, google docs will store .pdfs for free and I believe they will hold up to 77 pages.

Thumb drive/cd also aren't bad options.

you became an agent for them..or just bought ins with them.

I thought I clearly stated in my post that I purchased my auto insurance from them. I do not believe that they have agents other than those in the home office. Anyway, I'm not P&C licensed.

Thank you all for the suggestions posted.

actually surprised you chose to buy insurance from a direct writer and not an agent.....:goofy::swoon:

I thought I clearly stated in my post that I purchased my auto insurance from them. I do not believe that they have agents other than those in the home office. Anyway, I'm not P&C licensed.

Thank you all for the suggestions posted.

Sorry when u said joined I thought u became an agent for them. Keep the gun down.......:yes::1wink:;)

actually surprised you chose to buy insurance from a direct writer and not an agent.....:goofy::swoon:

I'm a military veteran and they beat all the other offers. Their customer service is outstanding and inasmuch as I am not a P&C guy I don't feel an obligation to support an agent.

Rick, my Commodore PET computer works fine although it has limited space. Purchased it in 1978 and it is still working just fine!!!!:1tongue:

Back