Do Med Supp Companies Share Their Accept/Decline Information?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Akin to a credit report where the credit card company that you're applying to knows how often that you've received credit inquiries or accepted/declined by other lenders?

You mean Mib? Do med supo co's check the mib like life co's?

Well yeah, but is Accept/DECLINE info part of what MIB supplies? I was kind of thinking that ACCEPT/DECLINE info might be proprietary and not shared the way that an individual's medical information is shared?

Last edited:
Well yeah, but is Accept/DECLINE info part of what MIB supplies? I was kind of thinking that ACCEPT/DECLINE info might be proprietary and not shared the way that an individual's medical information is shared?

The MIB is shared with those that have access to it, like insurance companies. I'm not sure who else would actually use it.

Thanks Todd. Aetna Continental Life Spokeshole told me that it does not subscribe to it.

I know they do not for life, apparently it is the same for Med Supps as well.

Most companies that do subscribe will report declines as well as a code indicating what area to further explore to any subsequent company. The MIB is adamant that information from the MIB cannot be the sole basis for declining an applicant. What generally happens if medical records will not be obtained is the person is declined because the company cannot reconcile what the applicant states with the codes in their MIB record.

For instance, the MIB indicates diabetes, however the applicant denies having diabetes. Then the person is declined because they were unable to resolve the discrepancy.

More about: MIB is always information from applications for insurance, and if you check their website, it says if you had no apps in last 7 years, there won't be any info in there. Some may not recall an app, however. They don't have a claims database, only results from health and life apps.
A person can also request the information in their record. Here's the link:

MIB.com - Request Your MIB Consumer File

Not all carriers participate in MIB. If they don't participate, no reporting. Also if they don't participate they cannot access MIB data.

Back