do you answer the phone on weekends?

sbg_ben

Guru
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how often you answer the phone on weekends during AEP. I've got stuff going on like kids sports games and activities during the weekend so I don't usually answer. If people leave a message I will usually call them back that day, sometimes wait until Monday if it's not urgent.

I know it's different for everyone. I think if I wasn't watching my kids games or going to stuff with them I might answer? I like to recharge on the weekend though. Anyway, let me know what you think.

I don't answer the phone, or return calls after 4PM, before 10AM or on weekends . . . but I will call/answer on select holidays . . .

I usually just text them with the answer or tell them I will call on Monday. So nice that so many are able to text me prescription lists, etc now. Prefer that over a 15 minute phone call to answer how much dental they have, etc.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how often you answer the phone on weekends during AEP. I've got stuff going on like kids sports games and activities during the weekend so I don't usually answer. If people leave a message I will usually call them back that day, sometimes wait until Monday if it's not urgent.

I know it's different for everyone. I think if I wasn't watching my kids games or going to stuff with them I might answer? I like to recharge on the weekend though. Anyway, let me know what you think.

If you have things going on, you could carve out 3:30pm-4pm to return the calls and just either leave a VM or schedule.

Or, if that's not a possibility, just have your message say, "thanks for calling, I'm out of the office today; I return Monday, October 28th."

Don't get many calls now but when I was active I answered whenever. Course for the majority of that time we didn't have cell phones so if I was away from home doing something with the family I didn't get calls. I remember one young lady calling me at 6 AM to tell me her husband had died that night. I had just taken his app earlier that week for 25K. Hadn't even gotten the policy back. It paid along with a plan I was replacing that had not yet been cancelled.

All calls go to my voice mail. Message includes my email address stating that's the best way to reach me during OEP. Works like a charm. Handle questions via email while on calls or on my own schedule

Back