Does Aflac's Life Insurance Policy Require a Drug Test?

When I worked with Aflac (9 years ago), it was a non-med policy. (which means they did not do a medical exam)
At least in a group setting that was the case.

If your mom is telling you that there is an exam I would verify that she verified that with the agent.

The majority of companies treat a positive for THC as a tobacco user. A few do not.

Technically the Owner of the policy (your mom), would not be able to know what medical condition caused a higher rate unless it was tobacco and they put you at the smoker rate. But technically she should not have access to any of your medical test results. Notice I say technically because in the real world sh can happen and mistakes can be made. But usually no, she would not have access to the test results due to HIPPA laws. (assuming that Aflac and specifically the agent follows them)

As to the type of test it would most likely be a mouth swab. If not then it would be a piss test or blood test. Usually the urine or swab is used for tobacco/drugs and blood is ran as just a normal lab workup like at the doctor.

And yes, if you do the exam you can have the results sent to you. Sometimes they do it automatically.

I dont think that pot is bad for you except that it makes a lot of people lazy and complacent.... of course that can be the enjoyable part of it too... lol. Alcohol has killed more people than pot ever has and ever will.

Normally I would suggest you look at a different company. But since you are not the one paying for it then it really isnt your choice. But Aflac life insurance is a crappy product and there are much better choices out there, especially for a pot smoker.

Thank you so much. That was very helpful!

Back