Does Anyone Have a "link" That Shows AARP MA Plans for 2012?

I have heard that those FMOs are full of it.

I'm not sure UHC even knows for sure yet.

Nothing is even finalized with CMS yet. That was just FMO spam trying to yank agents.

Oct. 1 has been the date when MA plans were allowed to disclose new plan information. I'm not sure about this year with the change in AEP dates. Perhaps 9/1.

Sure hope it's 9-1. It would be nice to have more than 2 weeks to familiarize myself with the plans properly.

Oct. 1 has been the date when MA plans were allowed to disclose new plan information. I'm not sure about this year with the change in AEP dates. Perhaps 9/1.

CMS DID NOT CHANGE the marketing date. They only changed AEP date. 2012 plan benefits cannot be discussed with prospective members until October 1 the same as as in years past even though AEP begins October 15 and you can take that to the bank!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sure hope it's 9-1. It would be nice to have more than 2 weeks to familiarize myself with the plans properly.

We all wish CMS would have moved the date to 9/1 but they did not. Marketing for 2012 MA plan benefits begin on 10/1. Two weeks to prime the pump and then it's turn and burn from 10/15 through Dec 7. Have fun!

Last edited:
An FMO sent an e-mail teaser that would indicate which counties that AARP will be in for 2012. Anyone received this info?

UHC has released market summaries for most states. These documents outline their county footprint and some benefits for 2012. They do not break down every detail, but are a helpful tool to gauge UHC’s competitiveness in your market.

We do have them. Just contact me (pm, email, call).

UHC has released market summaries for most states. These documents outline their county footprint and some benefits for 2012. They do not break down every detail, but are a helpful tool to gauge UHC’s competitiveness in your market.

We do have them. Just contact me (pm, email, call).

Keep in mind... a market summary is not a benefit summary. Benefits haven't been approved for 2012 by CMS.

Back