Does anyone Know where to Buy this Product? anyone Here Sell It for Nevada or Calif?

Hello All

After extensive research, I understand this program very well.... it is Medicare Medical Savings accounts yet cannot find anything on it for California or Nevada.

https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-ch...s-accounts/medical-savings-account-plans.html

All i found is a sheet listing:
Advantra® Savings Plan 1 california medicare

So called the telephone number and it directed me to a newspaper

Can anyone tell me if this is offered in either Nevada or California? We own homes in both places so can make either our primary residence by spending more time at one versus the other. The Medicare SHIP was of no use. They wanted to make an appt to answer one very simple question.

These Medicare Medical Savings Programs are also known as MSA's. We need to purchase a few policies within the next year. Thank you

Last edited:
i'm in california and have access to a ton of carriers, none of which have an hsa available. this is a good question though and i dont know why i dont have a better answer at this time. i know the hsa can be held post medicare and used for other things like ltc premiums but actually hsa qualified medicare plans are elusive to me.

anyone have any thoughts? i am curious on this as well

I haven't done it recently, but a few years ago I searched the interwebs high and low for any company that offered an MSA. I only found one in NY state that was available in a few counties and that one isn't available now. I do wonder why more carriers don't offer them. It's one of the few Medicare products available that can be carried alongside a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan. I would think anyone who's relatively healthy would jump at the chance to have money deposited into an account with yearly rollover available.

----------

i'm in california and have access to a ton of carriers, none of which have an hsa available. this is a good question though and i dont know why i dont have a better answer at this time. i know the hsa can be held post medicare and used for other things like ltc premiums but actually hsa qualified medicare plans are elusive to me.

anyone have any thoughts? i am curious on this as well

Don't get an MSA confused with an HSA. An MSA is more similar to an HRA since a person can't deposit any money into an MSA.

I wrote several years ago in CA. Although the concept was sound like an HSA, it was not popular and confusing. I think Blue Cross of California was the only carrier with one. But that was years ago and I know of nobody offering the program in either state.

The "alternative" for me would be an HDF with the lower prices in CA vs NV.

Rick

An MSA was damn near impossible to sell. Too complicated and although the concept is good the savings isn't enough compared to HDF or even Plan N.

Rick

Geisinger (a carrier owned by a healthcare system in the Central/Northeastern PA area and part of NJ as well) had one for a few years. It left at the end of 2015.

It seems interesting, but a lot of education on both the part of both the beneficiary and the physicians. You pair it up with a Part D plan and can add ancillaries, like a HIP, critical illness and DVH. I like Medico's HIP, but some of the KO questions are going to eliminate a lot of so called "healthy" people, such as those taking two + oral meds for diabetes.

Geisinger (a carrier owned by a healthcare system in the Central/Northeastern PA area and part of NJ as well) had one for a few years. It left at the end of 2015.

It seems interesting, but a lot of education on both the part of both the beneficiary and the physicians. You pair it up with a Part D plan and can add ancillaries, like a HIP, critical illness and DVH. I like Medico's HIP, but some of the KO questions are going to eliminate a lot of so called "healthy" people, such as those taking two + oral meds for diabetes.
You should take a look at GTL's. Much easier to qualify for(GI AGES 64 1/2 - 65 1/2), and I think a better policy.

I haven't done it recently, but a few years ago I searched the interwebs high and low for any company that offered an MSA. I only found one in NY state that was available in a few counties and that one isn't available now. I do wonder why more carriers don't offer them. It's one of the few Medicare products available that can be carried alongside a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan. I would think anyone who's relatively healthy would jump at the chance to have money deposited into an account with yearly rollover available.

----------

Don't get an MSA confused with an HSA. An MSA is more similar to an HRA since a person can't deposit any money into an MSA.

Do you know if there are restrictions relating to accessing rollovers for the 2019 offerings?

I think PA is one of the few states the HIP aren't GI at those ages, unfortunately. And what I like about Medico's product is the rider for physical and occupational therapy visits. I don't think GTL offers it.

Back