Does anyone on Here Sell 3-5 Med Sups a Week Yr Round?

Greensky, I am curious....with so many people on the do-not-call list, how can you get much business using telemarketing? Are there enough names to call to keep the telemarketer busy? And what ages do you mainly target? Thanks for any info you can share as I would also like to hire a telemarketer...
I've done several webinars on this subject.

Rick

Approx 50 million people over 65.
Approx 60% on DNC list. = 20 million people over 65
Approx 60% on MA or some other Non MS plan = 8 million people over 65
Approx 20% closing ratio = (i am super rich) hehehe

Lets not forget everyday there are tons of people turning 65.

I just pulled data for all the low MA penetration rate counties in my state. A whopping 1261 numbers! That will probably take me 3 days to run through.

After that I'm going to call the larger counties for FE. Hopefully, I will soon have excess Tom leads for sale!

I just pulled data for all the low MA penetration rate counties in my state. A whopping 1261 numbers! That will probably take me 3 days to run through.

After that I'm going to call the larger counties for FE. Hopefully, I will soon have excess Tom leads for sale!

Sure you can call all of those numbers once in a few days but there is no way you are going to legitimately work those prospects in that amount of time. Not everyone will be ready to buy, follow ups are the key to success. Your contact rate and your close rate will be lower than it could be if you worked that list over a few times.

Here's a crazy idea, pull that same data set nationwide and see what you come up with. :swoon: Fish in a large pond with a wide net.

Since I've I've never sold med sups is there a lot of service work? I've watched my parents for 15 yrs with sups and they have never called an agent. A few times they've called the provider. All the rates are set and and sups with the specific letters are the same. Please list how much service is needed and the different items?

you must not be working those phone numbers very well, if you go through 1261 numbers in 3 days...

Since I've I've never sold med sups is there a lot of service work? I've watched my parents for 15 yrs with sups and they have never called an agent. A few times they've called the provider. All the rates are set and and sups with the specific letters are the same. Please list how much service is needed and the different items?

You've answered your own question. There is very little service work. But I'd recommend staying in contact with your clients. Rates change and if you aren't telling your clients what else is available somebody else will.

Most of the service work will come from Pt D plans, if you opt to sell them.

As sman mentioned, you will want to keep in contact with your clients. AEP with the Pt D plans is a good way to do this. Since it is not uncommon for the formularies to change, it is a good excuse to mail your clients in the fall about their RX needs and possible changes.

There isn't a lot of service.

As Axeman said, its all Part D. Which serves 2 purposes: they don't forget about you and its keeps them from talking to other agents. I don't "sell" Part D, but I do "advise". Which basically means they send me their drug list, I run it at Medicare.gov, then determine the best plan and get them enrolled.

I also have to react to Fox News, when they become fixated on a Medicare issue. I'm pretty sure 90% of my clients spend their days watching it. Calls/emails start coming in, so I have to send an email to everyone with the actual information and how it affects them.

Back