Does Genworth Kick Out for Columbia Travel?

jimkmi

Expert
My client was denied an Assurity policy because he travels to Columbia with his wife, she is originally from there. Am now in application process with Genworth for 10 year term. Do they deny policies for Columbia travel too?

My client was denied an Assurity policy because he travels to Columbia with his wife, she is originally from there. Am now in application process with Genworth for 10 year term. Do they deny policies for Columbia travel too?

Do not know if Genworth will knock it out or not. I did write the same situation last year with Pru and had no problems. I assume you asked Genworth first and sent in a travel questionnaire and cover letter.

Where they go in Columbia may influence things as well. Visiting a major city completely different than visiting some small village in the middle of cocaine farmland.

I had that issue with someone from Israel. It was ok for her to visit Jerusalem and other major cities. They wanted to make sure she wasn't going to the Gaza Strip or the West Bank.

Unless the client is a perm resident or green card holder, the question on the app is "In the next 2 years, do you intend to travel or reside outside of the US for more than 4 consecutive weeks other than for vacation?"

**more than 4 weeks being the most important part...

To address the decline...that is going to be interested. Genworth is going to ask about it, and you are going to have to share. I am not sure how that will shake out but tell brokers to answer app questions as asked as they were meticulously worded by the carriers.

Where they go in Columbia may influence things as well. Visiting a major city completely different than visiting some small village in the middle of cocaine farmland.

I had that issue with someone from Israel. It was ok for her to visit Jerusalem and other major cities. They wanted to make sure she wasn't going to the Gaza Strip or the West Bank.

I have several clients who visit Israel and this is always the main issue. Where you go "in country" vs the country itself....

Back