Does Las Vegas Have a Good Senior Market?

Give both (Rick and Chris) a try and see which one helps the most. Each has a different approach to the market and both have a lot to offer. Both have helped me tremendously in my journey to learn the Medicare market.

GA has been a good market for me and I play up the "home town boy" quite effectively. I also use a baby boomer chat to establish a relationship in short order.

If someone will give me 3 minutes with an open mind I can usually earn their trust which is what retirees want.

They are looking for information and they want someone they can feel comfortable with and trust.

I only write Medigap, no Rx or MAPD. If someone wants MAPD I refer them to a friend.

Medicare, at least for me, has been a slow process, but it picks up momentum the longer you are in it.

My only regret is that I did not get into it sooner.

Thanks a bunch Somarco! Yea I will def check out both of their training sites. Yea gaining the trust of the client will definitely be my #1 priority. That is why I want to be as educated as possible in both medicare and med advan as well as health care overall. Glad you're having success with your business. I will look in to the Georgia market. Thanks again!

Educating yourself gives you confidence and retirees will pick up on it real quick whether you know your stuff or not. I lost a few sales the first few months because I did not have a ready answer. Knew that would happen, but you learn and move on.

Selling over the phone is easy for some but most find it a challenge. I am much better F2F but also "give good phone".

Working the retiree market is a slower pace and some agents can't deal with that. I only have a little over 300 clients but can count on one hand the number of them I have met in person. Most of my clients are 100+ miles away but a couple dozen of them are less than 15 miles from my home.

Since I have no interest in getting people contracted I am honest about how this stuff works. No pie in the sky marketer BS.

If you can sell F2F for a while you will be well ahead of the game. You'll learn what objections are real and how to put your prospect at ease.

And you need to be an expert on supplements. It's not rocket surgery but if you really want to help seniors like Somarco know how cross over works, why excess charges are a non-issue, and how to explain why plans other than F generally are the better value.

Rick

Last edited:
Back