Does MDRT Even Matter Anymore?

Top producers that you meet through MDRT are not incentivized to lie to you like your IMO is.

What’s the best line of insurance to pursue for my goals?
The ones that we sell.

What leads should I focus on?
The ones that we can get you.

What resources should I use for training?
The ones that we give you.

Which agencies should I avoid?
All the ones that aren’t us.

Following this advice is no way to become a well-rounded and successful agent.
Hate to burst your bubble but some of the biggest insurance scams have been run by MDRT/CLU members. One that stands out in my mind was a leading producer with KC Life back in the 80s. He started issuing his own certificates to his commercial and payroll clients. They finally caught up with him and he went to prison. MDRT guys can lie with the best of them.

Hate to burst your bubble but some of the biggest insurance scams have been run by MDRT/CLU members. One that stands out in my mind was a leading producer with KC Life back in the 80s. He started issuing his own certificates to his commercial and payroll clients. They finally caught up with him and he went to prison. MDRT guys can lie with the best of them.

When I’m looking into buying commercial and payroll from an MDRT member, I’ll take that under advisement. Right now, I’m in the business of making money selling insurance and the fact of the matter is: The AVERAGE MDRT member is a better source of information than the AVERAGE upline. I don’t care that there’s some guy who was a member that one time that went to jail.

Reactions: DHK
Hate to burst your bubble but some of the biggest insurance scams have been run by MDRT/CLU members.

I'm offended.

;)

However, I believe that it's the scope and scale of those individual scams that are the issue, not the vast majority of members who are CLU holders (of which I am one) and MDRT members.

Many yrs ago I made court of the table 2 straight yrs . I had to buy the plaques that I have hanging in my home office today . I did it more for an accomplishment . I used to go to the life underwriting luncheons once a month . It was fun .

Many yrs ago I made court of the table 2 straight yrs . I had to buy the plaques that I have hanging in my home office today . I did it more for an accomplishment . I used to go to the life underwriting luncheons once a month . It was fun .
I used to enjoy NALU when it was about insurance agents for insurance agents.. then, it changed and I left.

Wasn't Woody Woodson featured on the back page of the NALU magazine back in the heyday?

I enjoyed reading his articles . . . down to earth, good advice to help the average "Joe" grow their business.

Back