Does this qualify for an SEP?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I am trying to learn the ACA market, and am considering offering it to my Medicare clients who have a spouse still not Medicare age.

I have a customer who T65 in Novemeber, and his wife is on his employer policy. But, he has a daughter aged 19, who is not on the insurance, and does not have any insurance.

As I understand it, the wife will qualify for an SEP, but could we throw the kid onto the policy as well? Or would she have to wait until open enrollment?

I am trying to learn the ACA market, and am considering offering it to my Medicare clients who have a spouse still not Medicare age.

I have a customer who T65 in Novemeber, and his wife is on his employer policy. But, he has a daughter aged 19, who is not on the insurance, and does not have any insurance.

As I understand it, the wife will qualify for an SEP, but could we throw the kid onto the policy as well? Or would she have to wait until open enrollment?
The daughter needs to have coverage to get an SEP.

That’s a life changing event. The 19 year old was not eligible for Medicaid. They’re both loosing coverage.

Back