Don't pay chargebacks - what can happen?

I wouldn't risk the credit hit for $700.

It's my understand that they can not hit your credit, but instead would report you to Vector--a database of insurance producer debtors. This may make it difficult for you to get other appointments and/or E&O.

Hi, new to this board, wish I found this forum when I was still a agent.
If I had I wouldn't have gone with Aflac. ughh

now you understand the title, I have left the business after a very horrible year with Aflac, as many of you know chargebacks with Aflac is unavoidable, I owe them over $700 (almost half of what i made working for them) some time goes by and I get a letter saying they will turn it over to their legal department(boo-hoo) if I don't pay, my question is, what will happen if I don't pay? sue me? ruin my credit? harrass me?

after racking up over $6000 in personal debt working for them (I know I know) and turning over alot of leads to another agent who opened a couple accounts that I was working on for a good part of a year. Paying Aflac back for the few commissions I made makes me sick.

any advice?

thanks,

I'm currently going through the same situation. I owe AFLAC some where around $750.00-$800.00. Cant stand the thought of owing those losers money. I feel like I was scammed when I started with AFLAC. Lots of lies and deception from my Manager.

I went through a couple DSC's, my district was pathetic, no good trainers, no one to help, only to say "Just keep going out there!" wow thanks a bunch! no heres a small old account, take care of em, ect. ect. I only saw the old timers making the money, all the people from my training class are gone like me. my DSC or RSC has NEVER called me in over a year. never even to ask if I was still working with Aflac. hah

funny, I just got the lawyer letter today, I think I'll make arrangements to do small payments.

I went through a couple DSC's, my district was pathetic, no good trainers, no one to help, only to say "Just keep going out there!" wow thanks a bunch! no heres a small old account, take care of em, ect. ect. I only saw the old timers making the money, all the people from my training class are gone like me. my DSC or RSC has NEVER called me in over a year. never even to ask if I was still working with Aflac. hah

Hmmm. I write for Colonial Supplemental and while they have their management faults (like not doing any advertising vs. Aflac) they have good management here, and excellent training. My manager helped me close a 30-life group which we enroll tomorrow and is taking no part of MY commission (he gets an override... which is fine with me.) If you like the work-sup market you might check out Colonial in your area. Disclaimer: I am appointed with them but other than that I receive nothing for recommending them to anyone here (and in fact they would probably rather I not!) I just like the company because they have been very straight with me.

Al

Funny, early on I was told Colonial was our only compitition out there, and that they suck and stole our ideas, every business with Colonial I found (only a couple) they would NEVER switch to Aflac.

Funny, early on I was told Colonial was our only compitition out there, and that they suck and stole our ideas, every business with Colonial I found (only a couple) they would NEVER switch to Aflac.

Colonial trains agents to never say anything bad about Aflac. Their products are not bad... and we tell the clients that. Colonial is more than a product company. They do a lot of benefit communication and enrollment services for the client. We think that Aflac is more product oriented than Colonial and we know that they are not able to customize their plans to the individual employee as much and as easily as Colonial can.

We see Aflac as a very worthy competitor, but that we are a better alternative for many clients, especially the larger ones.

Among other Colonial agents I hear how badly Aflac treats their agents, but I've never heard anyone say anything about how Aflac treats its clients... except positively. I know a few Aflac agents and they are smart, and articulate men... who would not stand for the kind of stuff I hear about the company.

In this business, when it comes to carriers, I believe half of what I see, and none of what I hear.

When I interviewed at Aflac I was treated nicely. However there just was not a 'chemistry' between the manager (a woman) and myself. I didn't think she could help me get where I wanted to go. Plus, I was more naive back then and believed all the stuff I heard on the street (net) about Aflac.

Colonial is a stand-up company... they go about their business without bad-mouthing anyone and as far as I know they treat their agents and clients with respect and dignity. They won't let client-employees take on plans not right for their needs, nor will they pile on products where the wage-base is too low. They really follow 'suitability' guidelines carefully.

I'm told that Colonial had a bad rep a number of years ago... but I only know the present... and they can't do enough for me... from the local office to the home office. Now if they would just bring back their brown bear mascot and have some ads with it having a 'duck dinner' I'd be happier with the company.

And they are going to have to do some marketing because some heavy hitters (AIG, Allstate, etc.) are coming into their market and will spend the bucks necessary to get market-share. Colonial is owned by UNUM... so they have the money... I just wish they would spend a bit of it in marketing support of their field agents... like me.

I don't do Colonial full-time, but with the way healthcare is going in CA, I see the work-sup marketplace as expanding... as companies cut back on "soup to nuts" employer-paid benefits. I hope to do more work in this area... but it's a long sale cycle ... with very tough competition.

Al

Funny you mention that, I was told by an agent to never deny business if they are willing to sign up, do it! this was after telling a client that he should hold on getting a couple policies after hes paid for the accident and disability for a while (this guy was only making barely above min wage!) I didn't think it was right to take $30+ dollars a week from his pocket.

It's that greedy mentallity that gives insurance agents a bad rap, I didn't want to be one of those.

They won't let client-employees take on plans not right for their needs, nor will they pile on products where the wage-base is too low. They really follow 'suitability' guidelines carefully.

Back