Door Knocking for Med. Sup. and FE

Props to you guy that have the mucho grande cajones to cold call door to door to sell life insurance.

I am one of those people that don't even open the door if a solicitor knocks on my door ( man those magazines sellers are pushy) so i couldn't imagine buying any financial product from a stranger knocking on my door.

Also another reason i don't open the door is that my sales resistance skills are definitely not as good as my selling skills so I am afraid that maybe I would buy their product if I let them in and listened to sellers reasons why i should own the product they are selling- and I also might buy partly out of guilt because of the time the salesman spent with me.

I believe that it's an established fact that homeowners with "no solicitors" signs on their door have low sales resistance and selling to another salesman is usually some of the easiest sales.

Odd that you mention magazines...I had almost forgotten that my very first job after being discharged was selling magazines door to door in Las Vegas.. The crew was all young and they would drop each of us off in an area by ourselves and we would start knocking doors.. "Hi! My name is _____ and I came by to get you to vote for me in the District savings bond contest!" Of course the way you voted for the nice young boy or girl was to buy magazines from them. That was almost 50 years ago.. Do they still magazines door to door? I thought everybody got their information from the internet.

Odd that you mention magazines...I had almost forgotten that my very first job after being discharged was selling magazines door to door in Las Vegas.. The crew was all young and they would drop each of us off in an area by ourselves and we would start knocking doors.. "Hi! My name is _____ and I came by to get you to vote for me in the District savings bond contest!" Of course the way you voted for the nice young boy or girl was to buy magazines from them. That was almost 50 years ago.. Do they still magazines door to door? I thought everybody got their information from the internet.

I sold magazines door to door when I was a kid. I won my first trip doing that. To Disney world on a Greyhound bus when I was 12-years old.

I sold magazines door to door when I was a kid. I won my first trip doing that. To Disney world on a Greyhound bus when I was 12-years old.

I never sold magazines door to door. I am a country boy. I sold garden seeds.

I have been approached by Mutual of Omaha to sell Medicare Supplements and FE, among other products. I have heard of agents who sell both door to door. They get a list of prospects and knock on 50 or so doors in a neighborhood. They get a couple of sales, maybe some referrals from the sales, and continue each day. Does anyone on the forum sell exclusively door to door or is this to simplistic?
Its been a while since I sold medicare and went through training but I thought CMS did not allow cold calling or door knocking when it came to selling medicare. Have things changed?

I sold Grit newspapers. Anyone remember those?:biggrin:
As a kid, I sold Grit, Seeds, Greeting Cards, White Cloverine Salve. Seems there might have been another item or two that was advertised on the back page of comic books that I sold. Also made "sock loop" potholders and sold them D2D for a nickle each.

Back