Door to Door Survey Prospecting Idea

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Another Agent Mike Matos shared something he is doing to prospect for more insurance and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Just some food for thought. Here is what he wrote.

After being in this business for 12 years, about 3 weeks ago I came up with a door to door survey to use for the purpose of generating prospects and setting appointments. I am finding that I can discover the need and develop a prospect much easier. I usually set the appointment and qualify them right there. I try not to set the appointment any later than 2 days from the time of the survey. Last week I did 10 appointments from about 2 hours of work in the morning. I have 5 appointments already set for tomorrow from a few hours of work yesterday morning. I will post the survey here for the benefit of any newbies that can find it helpful. The survey can be arranged for your own style and taste. Here it is.

---------------------------------------

Financial Planning Survey

Hi, my name is Mike. I am conducting a short 10 question survey to evaluate how people feel about Financial planning for the future. In return for participating in the survey I want to provide you with this free Final Wishes Planning Guide.

Name_________________________ Marital Status________________________________________

1. How Long Have You Lived In The Arkansas County Area?____________________________
2. What is the size of you family?___________________________________________ _______
3. Do You Own Cemetery property?_________________________________________ _______
4. How important is planning for the future to you?____________________________________
5. Do you believe an individual can leave their family too much Life Insurance?_____________
6. How Do you feel about door to door sales agents?___________________________________
7. What is your primary choice when purchasing Insurance or Financial products? (Telephone, Office, Door To Door Agent)____________________________________________ _______
8. Do you feel that the purchase of Life Insurance is a wise investment, or a waste of money?____________________________________________ ______________________________
9. How confident are you that you have everything in order that if you died today, your children or spouse would know exactly what to do and have final expense funds available within two or three days of your death?____________________________________________ ____________

Thanks for taking the time Mr./Mrs. ______ to answer these questions.

Would you mind if I contacted you in a few days to evaluate your current policies and/or offer some free quotes?___________________________________________ _____________________________

Address______________________________________ Age__________________________________
Tobacco_________________________ Current Health Conditions_____________________________
Telephone number___________________________ email:___________________________________

The survey you came up with is very professional looking and while reading through the questions I thought that for questions 4, 5, 8, 9 the survey could have a spectrum/range of answers such as

Very important
Somewhat important
Neutral ...
Somewhat not important
Absolutely not ...

#8 Should read "a wise decision." NOT a wise investment.

An investment MUST involve risk to the invested amount. Life insurance is NOT an investment unless it is variable life.

The public uses the word investment to mean anything that is a good financial decision. But that is wrong. You as an insurance professional should not confuse this. Life insurance is a good financial decision. It is NOT an investment.

I know the consumers don't understand this but you as an agent SHOULD. Life insurance is not considered risk and is NOT an investment.

Link to the original thread, which is STILL ACTIVE (And more informative than this thread!)

PLEASE POST REPLIES IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD

I didnt know it was on this forum also.

I like the idea and I'm going to work on it later and make some changes to it and put my spin on it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An investment MUST involve risk to the invested amount. Life insurance is NOT an investment unless it is variable life.

The public uses the word investment to mean anything that is a good financial decision. But that is wrong. You as an insurance professional should not confuse this. Life insurance is a good financial decision. It is NOT an investment.

I know the consumers don't understand this but you as an agent SHOULD. Life insurance is not considered risk and is NOT an investment.

I agree, that needs to be changed.

Last edited:

I Agree.....

But....

I think you are over thinking this. I don't think the results will matter either way. If you are not careful you will talk yourself right out of a sale.

The Purchase of life insurance is INVESTING IN THE FUTURE! While it is not the purchase of stocks and bonds there is something required on our part. There is something we have to give up in exchange for the policy. This is the way the consumer will see it! INVESTING IN THE FUTURE!

Is paying college tuition an investment? Not in the sense of the banking industry, but it is investing in the future. There is some purchasing psychology in this question if you think about it. It appeals to the logic.

The Purchase of life insurance is INVESTING IN THE FUTURE! While it is not the purchase of stocks and bonds there is something required on our part. There is something we have to give up in exchange for the policy. This is the way the consumer will see it! INVESTING IN THE FUTURE!

Is paying college tuition an investment? Not in the sense of the banking industry, but it is investing in the future. There is some purchasing psychology in this question if you think about it. It appeals to the logic.

Until you knock on the door of a FINRA regulator.

I do not have my securities license, but I believe Newby is sort of telling you to CYA......
I agree.....
I would lose the word investment....

Your prospecting activity is outstanding otherwise.

Until you knock on the door of a FINRA regulator.

Then I can smile as they ban me from the industry since FINRA does not have a law enforcement function....

But I also agree without using the investment wording I think you will get the same result.

I can make surveys on my constant contact account and place them online.

I wonder if people online will take this survey for like a free credit report or something..

Back