Made a slight mistake starting, need some help to know where to go next

dualtone

Hello all. I’m a certified agent in Life/Health and currently studying for P&C, Im with the NAA Currently and reading some of the things that people have wrote and has happened I feel like I have made a mistake, I don’t see much money coming in to make a living and the leads are basically all trash and end up in no call/no shows. Where do I go next? What company should I aim for? I am in Iowa. Sorry if I sound confused, I genuinely am, no one told me the whole gist of this during my non existent training, they threw me out in the wild and expected me to sell 6 figures. Thank you all!

Hello all. I’m a certified agent in Life/Health and currently studying for P&C, Im with the NAA Currently and reading some of the things that people have wrote and has happened I feel like I have made a mistake, I don’t see much money coming in to make a living and the leads are basically all trash and end up in no call/no shows. Where do I go next? What company should I aim for? I am in Iowa. Sorry if I sound confused, I genuinely am, no one told me the whole gist of this during my non existent training, they threw me out in the wild and expected me to sell 6 figures. Thank you all!
1st you need to decide what you want to sell. Do you want to focus on life? Health? Or P&C? The people who make great money as an agent specialize. They don’t become a Jack of all trades.

Once you figure out what you want to sell, look for an Upline that is open and transparent with you. If getting their commission grids so you can compare them to their competitors is difficult then you know to move on. If they won’t let you sit in on a training call before contracting, you know that’s not the place. Will they let you talk to some agents (not ones that are recruiting you) that have been on their leads and training for many years? Will they allow you to recruit other agents under you while you are still green and inexperienced? If so move on, that’s a pyramid style agency and those are the worst.

It’s easy to find the bad agencies. They are all over your emails, texts, phone spam, private messaging you, Facebook, etc. The good ones don’t need to market themselves so aggressively. You have to search for them.

Take a look at the info on our FexContracting site. We are an agency specializing in Final Expense Life. You can learn right on our website what we do, how we train, what type of leads we recommend, your exact starting commission levels, hear hours of recordings of successful agents telling their story, etc. and that’s all available without giving up your email address or name or contact info. We won’t even know you exist unless you reach out to us. That is the type of transparency you are looking for with whatever type of insurance you go in to.

Last edited:
Im with the NAA Currently and reading some of the things that people have wrote and has happened I feel like I have made a mistake

Its easy to make a "mistake" because so many FMO's out there are getting away with misrepresentation its hard to tell who is telling the truth. FMO's aren't regulated like we are as agents.If we did the same things they do we would lose our license.

Back