Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question

Discussion in 'Life Insurance Forum' started by pfg1, Aug 23, 2017.

1. LGilmore

LGilmore Guru

State:
    Washington
    Good point. thing is though he doesn't have to tell them either. ;) Haven't come across a rehab place in WA that won't take a client until their coverage is gone. Some actually set their price on how much coverage the plan has.

2. NewbieNewbie

NewbieNewbie Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    Underwriters treat rehab quite differently than I screwed around too much. It generally gets treated as addiction or dependence. Right or wrong it does. I have written a few I screwed around to much people to success. And I have tried to write several I am one year sober from rehab but do not go to a or na to failure.

I should have been more specific. This is my experience and I should have been more forthcoming and less short. My apologies.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the input folks!

----------

And fwiw, in this case... this young person definitely can use it. As bad as it can be insurability wise for them in the future (which I agree is pretty tough on folks many times, but I understand) I believe this is the best thing for this person. They just can't seem to shake it the lifestyle - and best to squash it completely if possible, prior to getting into real trouble and having problems follow them the rest of their life. Its definitely not a case of family that is over reacting. Thx!