Drug plan quoting?

You can’t fix Congress.

2024 was always going to be a s**tshow to get us to 2025 and the $2K out of pocket

The best plan based on an annual cost is XYZ. BUT. Your Xarelto is now 25% not $47. As of 10/2/23, the 25% is WTF. But as you already know, drug prices can change frequently. Just like your drug list. So we do the best we can in October for the upcoming year.

(And make sure to look at the MAPD cost because if you don’t tell them, someone else will!)

well that is the kicker right, MAPD's seem to have set copays and many of them have little if any drug deductible

here is what I am wondering should I call ALL my pdp clients to let them know and lose times of time dealing with drug cov issues,

or let it go and deal with it as they call

seems there is a plan in the $20 range it is clear spring
is anyone suggesting this one or no?

here is what I am wondering should I call ALL my pdp clients to let them know and lose times of time dealing with drug cov issues,

This is where a newsletter, or bulk email, comes in handy.

I have a relatively small block compared to some but no way I can/will call 700 clients over something like this.

Clear Spring has been suggested in the past but got way too many complaints and so I no longer suggest them as an option. I think they have 1.5 stars. Doesn't give me much confidence.

Ordering from the dollar menu can give you indigestion

That's bullshit!!! They shouldn't be allowed to make negative changes during the year.

So only positive (lower copay) should be allowed?

Like saloon doors, they swing both ways.

The one that gets me is when carriers change their formulary after 12/7 for a January effective date. One of the big carriers did that a few years ago and all I could do is let clients know what happened so don't blame me.

I think it depends on you and your book.

If your biz model is to go super hard in 4th quarter to get people, you can't do that.

We do a PDP review. It may be via email, but it gets done. Or they tell me to go away, they are going to do it. Please don't ask me how we are going to 800+ because right now, I am in deep doo-doo trying to figure that out.

Obviously, I am going to add people in 4th quarter, but I really don't care about adding people right now. I want 120 new policies every year. Over 65, ACA, Small Group. Whatever. I hit that last week. (With zero marketing, BTW)

I am not recommending Clear Spring at 1 star. And I am very hesitant on Wellcare, as well.

I would figure out who has what, send out BCC emails (10 people at a time) to SS Smart people that say "hold, unless you added an expensive drug". On SS Choice, UHC, Humana...I think you have to talk to them. Or give them instructions on how to check themselves.

Did I miss something? Have a client who has 13 drugs on a PDP one of them being Dupixent. Client is on the $8.60/mo PDP now being reduced to $0.50

is something else going on with the drug plans? What is this talk of percentages instead of co-pays

Tier 3 and 4 meds will no longer be $45 or $47 on a lot of plans including WellCare, and are going to be % tier 3 25%b and tier 4 50 % on WellCare for instance

Not sure if I am misreading Dupixent. but it appears to be a very high drug goies though all stages i=within a few months and wont make much a difrence

Xerelto inhalers and these type meds will be more an issue

moreover you cannot trust what Med.cov says the copay will be at 25% becuase they may say retail cost of drug before 25% is $100 but in reality it might be $500

I find myself typing the following sentences so often this year (for people who aren't already in the cheapest plan) that I saved them as an email draft:

"Right now you are only taking (3) generic drugs that you can get on your own (via goodrx or online pharmacy) for less per month than the 2024 premium of your current PDP plan. I think this is a good year to just pick the least expensive plan (it costs 50 cents per month and I have hundreds of people enrolled in it) and only use it in case you need an expensive brand name drug."

What is the point of the plan comparisons when the entire basis for projecting annual costs is an estimated retail cost of a drug before the deductible is met? Is anyone really going to pay $180 for a month of esomeprazole at CVS with one $20 PDP plan and $11 with another $20 PDP plan? For the majority of people who take a few moderately priced generics, this PDP shopping experience is at best a waste or time and more often a waste of money.

Back