Drug Rehab Facility ... how many policies do they need?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey Buds,

Since there are so many Drug Rehab facilities, (other than general a P/C plan that includes liability), CAN ANYONE think of another type of plan they would require?
  • -Is there a policy that covers Management for or bad decisions (or is that covered under Gen.Liablity?
  • -MANY residents at these places end up ODing again, and some even die... is there a special policy covering this?
I'M guessing but I suspect, Drug Facilities require a special Medical Plan --- but not sure.

Anyone know the answer to the questions above?

Thanks for the input

Hi Mike,

There are several policies that your drug rehab facility client should consider if they don't have them already:

Professional Liability (Malpractice Insurance) & Directors and Officers Insurance could help cover management for bad decisions

Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) might be worth looking into for your second bullet point.

There are many other coverages they should consider for other situations as well. Cyber liability, worker's comp, commercial property, commercial auto, etc, just to name a few.

If you're not sure, I recommend partnering with another producer who knows their stuff.

Warm regards

Hi Mike,

There are several policies that your drug rehab facility client should consider if they don't have them already:

Professional Liability (Malpractice Insurance) & Directors and Officers Insurance could help cover management for bad decisions

Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) might be worth looking into for your second bullet point.

There are many other coverages they should consider for other situations as well. Cyber liability, worker's comp, commercial property, commercial auto, etc, just to name a few.

If you're not sure, I recommend partnering with another producer who knows their stuff.

Warm regards
You missed liquor liability

Back