Dwi but Progressive Dont Know

" I have heard of them denying claims because of false information provided by the insured"

You have to remember these are contracts. Binding both parties. When smokers used to lie about it on life policies the old school was just give the widow a reduced amount of money based on what a smokers policy would have bought for the premium. That had been the general practice.

Not so long ago when a widow challenged it, the courts ruled that a fraud was committed and NO payment at all was required and should not be paid.

One of the things on every application is a statement along the lines of " I submit all information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge." Simply, can you answer that question honestly with what you know?

The real cost might not be premium savings, it might be the cost of having to pay for an accident for decades out of your own pocket.

Sounds to me like your trying to play games. You made a mistake, you should take the responsibility and do the right thing. If you have to ask what the right thing is, you probably already know the answer.

I am not trying to be on a high horse as I make mistakes too.

okay thank you all for the information. Turns out that my premium didn't increase for not having my valid dl# on file. It just renewed as usual. I will tell them my new dl# after the 3 years has passed which will be this year and it will be as if it never happened. All I wanted to know is would the fee for not having my dl# be greater than the premium increase of having a dwi. But there was no fee so there. I have filed claims since having a new dl# and that didn't seem to matter.

while the company wont surcharge after 3 years, they can underwrite for 10 yrs....that's the technical way of getting around the 3 year limit...

this can bite you in the but sooner or later...

Back