Early Exchange Test Drive Report from Kaiser

The Wall Street Journal recently conducted a comparison of current 2013 premiums against 2014 premiums in the 8 states where premiums are known, thus far.

For a 40 year old, the premium increase is a staggering 150%!

Story: WSJ: ObamaCare could cause insurance premiums to rise by 150% | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

State premium samples for 2014 suddenly stopped being released to the public after mainstream media outlets (like the WSJ) started reporting the truth.. without the deceitful spin that Exchange and government leaders were putting to the numbers.

-ac

Love the graphic

obamacare-premiums.jpg

The ObamaCare Surveillance System is being integrated into the Data Hub.

"Data gathering will be extensive. Individuals, employers, employees, various entities, and government contractors will all be included. According to the federal document announcing the new centralized federal surveillance system there are SEVEN categories of individuals whose data will be stored...
(2) Navigators, Agents, Brokers, individuals or entities that are required to register with an Exchange prior to assisting qualified individuals to enroll in QHPs through the Exchange;"

Check out the amount of information we need to supply in order to be Exchange Certified!

Article: The Obamacare Surveillance System: Citizens' Council for Health Freedom

I'm seeing some documents from various states indicating that personal data on agents, workers and insurance applicants will flow both ways between the state, local and Federal government.

For instance, Ohio has added a blurb about reducing the subsidy owed by a dad who's delinquent on child support. That's not a bad thing, but imagine states collecting a parking ticket from your subsidy. Imagine all of the enforcement-related activities when every federal/state/local agency knows everything about you and your whereabouts. Eventually, even private collection (and other) firms will be allowed access for a price. They might even find out where Jimmy Hoffa is hiding.
-ac

For instance, Ohio has added a blurb about reducing the subsidy owed by a dad who's delinquent on child support. That's not a bad thing, but imagine states collecting a parking ticket from your subsidy. -ac

Good questions.

If you owe back taxes, will you be approved for a subsidy, since it's a tax credit? Answer? I don't know, but probably not. Even if you get a credit the first year, then at tax time have a tax due that you don't pay, I kind of doubt they are going to fork over tax credit money to an insurance company for the next year. It will be fun to see that answer. How many millions of people do you suppose that affects?

Child support, alimony, overdue student loans, qualifying liens, back taxes....

Anyone else feel uneasy about the amount of information the gov't has on us? I mean, they know the car I drive (and when/where I drive it with their red-light and traffic cameras, plus the cop-cruiser mounted plate hunters). They know my face, and can recognize it from any photograph or video (thanks Facebook, for giving NSA that data), they know where I am, within a few feet, thanks to my cell phone. They know my friends, what I buy, who I e-mail, they even know which girl I picked up from the bar.

I took issue with this when I was pulled over by a cop for "lapsed insurance". As an insurance guy, my insurance is correct and has never lapsed. No speeding, no tints, no blown lights, no probable cause whatsoever. His computer automatically took a picture of my vehicle, ran the plate, and wrongfully flagged me.

We don't have a right to privacy anymore...

Back