Easiest Way to Edit Wordpress Themes with Dreamweaver

YouGotMyMoney

Guru
5000 Post Club
I am trying to find a way to use dreamweaver or a similar html editor, to edit wordpress theme files, so that I can include a quote box and image in the header.

I tried doing this in the header.php file in the wordpress dashboard, I can upload header images fine, but am having trouble with the code-maybe I am doing something wrong.....I'll admit it I know nothing about style and css sheets.

So last night I downloaded Dreamweaver free trial, and am trying to follow the instructions, ---local server, MySQL databases....it's getting to be a little much.

Can anyone recommend an easier way to edit the wordpress theme files to accomplish my goal?

You can edit your theme from your browser. You don't need Dreamweaver to edit. However, it is much easier to edit the theme using Dreamweaver.

However, if you don't know CSS having a better tool probably won't help.

I'm sure that you can find someone at elance.com or a similar site. You may be able to find a local college kid who knows CSS who can do the job for you.

You should make a back up copy of the theme. Then create a account on your blog with administrative privileges and give them the credentials to log in. Then they can make the changes. The changes will only be on the server at that point. You can then download the changes to your hard drive.

After you are all set, you can delete the account or change its password so that they no longer have access.

Hope this helps.

Depending how your theme is built you may be able to add the html file for the quote engine to a widget and then ad the widget to the sidebar for header. Otherwise you will need to ad it to the header.php. You may need to add a widget plugin to allow you to ad widgets to the header if you don't want to code it yourself.

You can edit your theme from your browser. You don't need Dreamweaver to edit. However, it is much easier to edit the theme using Dreamweaver.

However, if you don't know CSS having a better tool probably won't help.

I'm sure that you can find someone at elance.com or a similar site. You may be able to find a local college kid who knows CSS who can do the job for you.

You should make a back up copy of the theme. Then create a account on your blog with administrative privileges and give them the credentials to log in. Then they can make the changes. The changes will only be on the server at that point. You can then download the changes to your hard drive.

After you are all set, you can delete the account or change its password so that they no longer have access.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Alston. I use Firebug to make simple change, ended up hiring a guy off Freelancer.com, he did good work.

Back