EasyMedicare.com cold calling Advantage plans

I do want to be careful. I'm not belittling a 75k job. I'm also not trying to oversimplify being an independent agent in the Medicare space.

It takes a lot of time and money (or skill - ie sweat equity if doing SEO, etc.) to build a book.

I think the other guy mentioned a family of 6. It would be brutal to leave the 75k deal and go full indy. It can be done, but if you have to start from scratch it's still not going to pay well for a few years.

One other thing - last AEP about 1-2xs per week I came home and told my wife I was quitting and getting a job as a garbage man. Seriously - driving around in a truck in the quiet all day sounds like a dream job compared to talking to Mrs. Jones about her insulin costs - again - and doing a PDP change - again - and listening to my COPD and heart issue clients again complain about the $14/mo price increase on G when "all their friends pay nothing." That garbage truck job sounds real nice late October...

I do want to be careful. I'm not belittling a 75k job. I'm also not trying to oversimplify being an independent agent in the Medicare space.

It takes a lot of time and money (or skill - ie sweat equity if doing SEO, etc.) to build a book.

I think the other guy mentioned a family of 6. It would be brutal to leave the 75k deal and go full indy. It can be done, but if you have to start from scratch it's still not going to pay well for a few years.

One other thing - last AEP about 1-2xs per week I came home and told my wife I was quitting and getting a job as a garbage man. Seriously - driving around in a truck in the quiet all day sounds like a dream job compared to talking to Mrs. Jones about her insulin costs - again - and doing a PDP change - again - and listening to my COPD and heart issue clients again complain about the $14/mo price increase on G when "all their friends pay nothing." That garbage truck job sounds real nice late October...

Starting out with insurance sales, most folks will make more asking if you want fries with your order. You are lucky to make minimum wage (especially the new $15/hour deal) and more money goes out the door for expenses than comes in.

But if you stick it out like many of us did, you are definitely overpaid for the time you invest. It is nice to know I can still pay my bills even if I don't make a sale this week, this month or even this year.

And AEP will drive you to drink. My wife would prefer I live somewhere else the last 3 months of the year. She says I am grumpy.

But she doesn't complain about the $$$ that comes in starting in January, so I get to stay home all 12 months.

But you go and drive a garbage truck, I will be a Walmart greeter.

Telesales agents don't get money for lodging there. Nor fuel. They also don't fully fund your 401k. I'm not so sure about the HSA, but that sounds unrealistic. What do you do there?

If you're saying you're a Telesales agent, you're full of it.

You gotta work hard to get as shitty as a 2.6 on Indeed. E-Telequote did it.
There was a comparison of field vs tele sales. Was pointing out the differences. I apricate you being on the spot to note this.

Check PM

I worked for E-telequote briefly. Worst mistake ever. They use 3rd party lead marketing callcenters from overseas to cold call leads than transfer to agents. 90% of the leads stated they never requested info. Agents are then given a vague script to get them on the hook by asking to see if they qualify for $148.00 giveback to social security check then were mainly just trying to switch dual leads based on food cards etc. We did not offer supps only MA, not sure how that is legal. I've been a licensed agent for over 12yrs and E-telequote was the worst decesion of my career. They didnt honor pto, commission bonus, or daily bonus, and now after resigning it has affected my previous uhc renewals from past business! I am beyond pissed.

Back