Effect of Anthem Cigna Deal on Medsupps?

You are with State Mutual? Thought they were direct only. THey were in NC a couple years ago and were dirt cheap...for about a year. Now they are 40th on F and 24th on a G rate for a 65 male.

State Mutual released a new plan available to independents. My understanding is it is offered exclusively through Amerilife and there are no FMO contracts. Everyone gets the same commission (unless you are going to bring someone in and offer them less than street). It is drastically cheaper than their direct Med Supp. Unless they've released it in other states, NC isn't one of the current states where it is available. Back at the end of April it was available in the following states:

GA
IN
KY
LA
TX
OH (pending at that time)

I'm with Bob on this one. I'm a little scared to offer it seeing that they have already offered plans in the state (direct) and they aren't remotely competitive on that product line. How will this one be different? Only time will tell. Those of us who have been doing this for a while remember the problems with carriers like MoO, Family Life, RNA, AFLAC (I refused to write that one. So now we are hesitant to jump on board with the latest and the greatest and prefer to stick with the tried and true.

Back