Question:

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Powder

Expert
If EIA's were to fall under FINRA jurisdiction and a securities license were needed to sell them, would you get securities licensed?

I would have to. I am a regional director with an NMO for annuities and life. I probably would have to get the 24 too.

I too am securities licensed (I've never sold an EIAs and don't have any immediate plans to), it's not a hard test. What would really piss you guys off is not only having to get the license, but having to find a B/D to sponsor your licenses and essentially appoint you to the B/D, paying B/D fees, paying higher E&O, and having the B/D put you on a grid for your EIA commissions (i.e. they are taking a piece of the action).

Me thinks LPL is going to make a killing on this if it happens.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@PCWEST

Even if they forced you to get a principal license, it would most likely be a 26 and not the dreaded 24.

Last edited:
I'm securities licensed already too. The biggest issue to me is the compliance approval and record keeping that goes along with the securities license.

I got my RIA, so I wouldn't have to fool with them, and yet they still try and drag me back in to securties!!!!!!!!!!! no no, no,

My company has relationships and contracts with over 20 Broker Dealers and I know of only one Broker Dealer that will allow me to contract agents with any carrier as long as the product is not "crap." Their payouts to the agents are very good and they want their brokers to write more insurance business.

I too am securities licensed (I've never sold an EIAs and don't have any immediate plans to), it's not a hard test. What would really piss you guys off is not only having to get the license, but having to find a B/D to sponsor your licenses and essentially appoint you to the B/D, paying B/D fees, paying higher E&O, and having the B/D put you on a grid for your EIA commissions (i.e. they are taking a piece of the action).

Me thinks LPL is going to make a killing on this if it happens.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@PCWEST

Even if they forced you to get a principal license, it would most likely be a 26 and not the dreaded 24.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD LADIES ...grids suck bollas !!:mad:

Latest posts

Back