Elephant Underground Vs Hometown Leads Vs Net Quote/quotewizard

Haven't posted anything about HTQ for a while and hopefully what I express makes sense.

Every lead company's quality flows in and out like the tides do. There are periods of time, and I don't mean days where all you get is shite because that's all that is coming in out there. People lie, sub-vendors lie and the crappy lead gets processed. It happens no matter where you go out there. Quality comes and goes in the electronic leads market.

What is different is how a company chooses to deal with that crap. HTQ has been consistently agent oriented about things. You rarely go into disputes with them over credits as long as you explain why a credit is necessary.

As I read through these posts, what I saw was agents were made as whole as possible in their situations where they were unhappy. In other words they got their money back. If you've been around the block, you'd know that's not always that easy to get.

I've been with HTQ a long time, good and bad. Yes, bad happens, but when it happens to me, it happens to Bob too. Actually worse for him as he has to pay staff no matter if the lead is credited or not.

I just looked at adding another lead vendor these past couple weeks, but I didn't. Why? just a lack of basic honesty. In their set up I asked how many agents per county max and what counties were closed because they were at max? The guy wouldn't answer, kept dodging the question. So I asked again and again and again, as each reply email from him, he wouldn't answer. Then he just accused me of stringing him along.... Later.

Honesty in this business, as stretched out a term as it could be, matters a great deal. I have found the people at HTQ to be honest and easier to work with. Am I happy right this minute with things? No, I'm not. Am I going to stay? yes, simply because it is not a huge battle to deal with HTQs and things will come around. They always have, it's the nature of the beast.

I am thinking about going with HTQ for a supplement of my DM drops. How are they on consistently giving you leads? (I know this varies from area to area :laugh:)

AllWebLeads - pure garbage. 100% recycled leads. I wouldn't touch them with an 1000 foot pole.Did I mention that they are pure garbage?? Customer service is a joke.

QuoteWizard - Can be good, but their credit policy isn't great. if you request credits " too fast" thay automatically deny. But I have received personal assistance from an account rep (hi Alyssa) which is a far cry from the other companies where you are a number.

ILeads - Pure garbage. Don't waste your time or money.

Agent Insider - Their credit rate sucks but we seem to get higher premium from them. Plus you have the opportunity to get "exclusive" leads, but you cannot have caps for these exclusive leads. I'm not a big fan but my staff thinks they are worth it. My ROI says that they are break even for the 1st 6 mos.

Netquote - Expensive, however for me they have the most liberal credit policy. Overall, I think they are fair.

I hope this helps. The truth is that they all suck... Who sucks more this month? Unfortunately, I get about 40% of my business from these companies and I am I'm the black with them, but I feel like they are the devil sometimes.

P.S. Did I mention that AllWebLeads sucks and that they are the lowest form of amphibian sh1t?

Last edited:
i hear a lot about emotionally sensitive honesty customer service stuff with HTQ
but i hear nothing about ROI with them
at very best, you are breaking even
if not, lets hear about it

It's a hard business to keep honest. I am trying benepath right now, but I'd say at least 50% of the leads are bogus, and the remaining 50% are poor people looking for 100,000 of 10 yr term

It's a hard business to keep honest. I am trying benepath right now, but I'd say at least 50% of the leads are bogus, and the remaining 50% are poor people looking for 100,000 of 10 yr term

benepath will keep charging your card at their discretion, even after they verbally confirm that you want them to STOP
they lost to a bank dispute with me a year ago
the leads are pretty, but no roi ...i did wayyyyyyyyy better with netquote
i found that the leads rolled in at the same rate as HTQ

Marketing MBA, CLU®, FSS, LUTCF
I see you keep adding to this (fictitious?) list.....just yesterday you were just a CLU, FSS, LUTCF.

:GEEK:

benepath will keep charging your card at their discretion, even after they verbally confirm that you want them to STOP
they lost to a bank dispute with me a year ago
the leads are pretty, but no roi ...i did wayyyyyyyyy better with netquote
i found that the leads rolled in at the same rate as HTQ

STRMLDR,
I'm glad you are happy with Netquote leads. What type of lead are you buying?

Can you share what your ROI is? How you measure it is important. I find some agents use 6 months, some 12 months, some 24 months commission to try & figure out if they are making money. Some include X-sales, some don't. So the way agents measure ROI varies.

What CPA [cost per acquisition] is your goal? The agent I did the webinar with last month, is trying to get it down to $75 & is right at $90 at the moment. $75....is a very tough goal. But then, who wants to set an easy goal?:)

What is your process for handling leads? I think those that are reading this are very interested in how you make leads work for your agency. Is it the personality of the one calling/working the leads or what? How can others make leads successful for their agencies because that is the "secret sauce" everyone that tries leads, is looking for.

Thank you for sharing.

Bob

----------

AllWebLeads - pure garbage. 100% recycled leads. I wouldn't touch them with an 1000 foot pole.Did I mention that they are pure garbage?? Customer service is a joke.

QuoteWizard - Can be good, but their credit policy isn't great. if you request credits " too fast" thay automatically deny. But I have received personal assistance from an account rep (hi Alyssa) which is a far cry from the other companies where you are a number.

ILeads - Pure garbage. Don't waste your time or money.

Agent Insider - Their credit rate sucks but we seem to get higher premium from them. Plus you have the opportunity to get "exclusive" leads, but you cannot have caps for these exclusive leads. I'm not a big fan but my staff thinks they are worth it. My ROI says that they are break even for the 1st 6 mos.

Netquote - Expensive, however for me they have the most liberal credit policy. Overall, I think they are fair.

I hope this helps. The truth is that they all suck... Who sucks more this month? Unfortunately, I get about 40% of my business from these companies and I am I'm the black with them, but I feel like they are the devil sometimes.

P.S. Did I mention that AllWebLeads sucks and that they are the lowest form of amphibian sh1t?

Hey WFS,
Can you share what type of lead you are buying?

re: QuoteWizard. I just met Alyssa in Atlantic City this week. [Carrier event we were both at] Very nice gal with a great personality. Easy to see why you love working with her.

Can you give us more info on how you work leads? What is your process? How do you measure ROI/CPA?

Thank you,

Bob

Marketing MBA, CLU®, FSS, LUTCF
I see you keep adding to this (fictitious?) list.....just yesterday you were just a CLU, FSS, LUTCF.

:GEEK:

And surprisingly with a CLU and LUTCF, she doesn't know the first thing about insurance. What happened to those 3 years of required experience? :skeptical:

Latest posts

Back