Email Tracking

@scagnt83 Tyler, thanks for the summary.

Got tired of waiting on Bananatag to fix their issues and pulled the plug on Boomerang. On a month to month plan so I can yank them if I want.

I opted for the $4.99 per month plan.
Boomerang for Gmail: Scheduled sending and email reminders

Before deciding I emailed support and got this response.

On the basic/free and Pro plans, read receipts must be manually added to each email you want tracked. On our highest tier (Premium), we have a Track by Default feature, where all emails you sent contain tracking automatically.

As for the disclaimer that appears: if you're including a read receipt with an email you are sending, the message at the bottom will need to be present. The message we insert is actually an image we are tracking and that's what we use to determine if the message has been opened or not.

We know our tracking is a bit different than other options out there, and this was a decision we made on purpose. Part of our mission here at Boomerang is to make respectful software, and explicit read receipts is one way that manifests. You can read more about our decision on this here. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

The $49/month plan was nice but couldn't see paying 10x for only a handful of features I would like.

The emails have the disclaimer at the bottom. So far no pushback. I don't like having to remember to check the tracking code.

On the plus side, with Btag tracking was automatic which was nice except that I get way more read notifications than I needed.

Back