Email Tracking

Have you looked into MixMax at all? I have a friend that uses them for running their wholesale tea business and they directly credit the software for massive uptick in business. I've played around with it a bit and it's pretty clever. Note that this is best for sales and outreach. If you're looking for newsletter type of promos then AWeber, Mailchimp or the name brands.

Does anyone know if it's possible to track email opens with Gmail when you are actually sending emails through another program that syncs with Gmail? For instance, a dialer, like phoneburner.com? Also, get a notification when the email is opened, Mixmax is great but you have to either send directly from Gmail or them.

With phoneburner.com you have to go back and look at dialing results and look at each number dialed to see results. Granted you don't have to click on each one but it's not very efficient.

I read something about being able to put a pixel in your email but I'm not tech savvy so didn't know how that would work?

Bob, in the past I have used MailTrack, which is a chrome plugin and made for gmail.

You want the Pro version not the limited function free version. It will track email opens, link opens, attachment opens, etc. And it works within your normal gmail interface.

Tyler, I tried MailTrack (pro version) a while later. At that time the tracking only worked from WITHIN Gmail. If I clicked on an email link on a webpage the tracking did not work even though my default email is Gmail. Only worked when the email ORIGINATED from Gmail, not via popup.

I am once again looking because Bananatag has failed me and tech support is mostly useless.
Boomerang - Boomerang for Gmail: Scheduled sending and email reminders - for me.

It tracks opens and clicks. I don't use it much for the 'delayed sending' aspect.

Boomerang looks good. Installed trial version. Emails have a warning at the bottom telling the recipient "this email is sent with tracking". It seems the recipient can opt out of tracking.

WTF?

Why would I want to send something out like that.

Tyler, I tried MailTrack (pro version) a while later. At that time the tracking only worked from WITHIN Gmail. If I clicked on an email link on a webpage the tracking did not work even though my default email is Gmail. Only worked when the email ORIGINATED from Gmail, not via popup.

I am once again looking because Bananatag has failed me and tech support is mostly useless.

Boomerang looks good. Installed trial version. Emails have a warning at the bottom telling the recipient "this email is sent with tracking". It seems the recipient can opt out of tracking.

WTF?

Why would I want to send something out like that.

Hey Bob. Just saw this.

- I think the upgraded version of boomerang takes the branding off. I guess keeping it on there during the free trial is a way to encourage you to go ahead and pay up. Not a true free trial though imo.

- I currently have been using Streak CRM for email tracking (and crm). Its a very light interface Uses the normal gmail interface and piggybacks off it. You still use the normal gmail screen, it just adds a few buttons/options to the bottom of your draft, plus an added category area for organization of emials/tasks/leads/etc. The crm organizational element reminds me a lot of the One-Card-System just modernized and tweaked to make it more versatile.

But the email tracking on it is very good. It does not brand the emails and I dont think it limits the amount of tracks. You can see most recent open on the initial gmail screen showing each email line by line. Click on an email and you can pull out the right side bar. It shows all opens by receivers with time & location. It does not show which receiver opened the email though if sent to multiple people.

- Mix Max looks interesting and its something Ive looked at. It does email tracking, plus adds other functionality into emails.

- Sales Handy has become popular from what I hear. It seems a lot like mailtrack on the main screen using checkmarks to indicate opens.

- Gmaileus is one I looked at before. Seems like it has a lot of functions.

- Docsify is an interesting one. (website says its 40% off right now on annual subscription)

- Mail Butler is another ive heard of. Not sure the specifics of it though.

One of those should hopefully do the trick for you! Let me know what you land on and how you like it.

Back