Email Tracking

If you have tracking on all the emails in that email chain, then you will be notified whenever any of the emails in that chain are opened. At least with most email tracking systems, ive never used banagatag.

So it is the same either way. And you will know specifically which email in the chain they are looking at.

Thanks. I am going to look into Prosper works. I am all in with Google and Gmail. I use Google Voice for text and calls all day from my desktop. The app is a Chrome plug in as well. If Prosper is Google it may integrate with Voice or may someday.

Other than maybe OCD why do you use both?

They do different things. Prosperworks is a CRM. You can put in client data, follow-ups, etc.

Boomerang is an inbox management system. For instance, I'll follow up with a prospect via email and have the email returned to my inbox 2 days later if they don't respond so I know to follow up again. I can also hide emails that I don't want to deal with at the moment to be returned later. I do use the delay send...especially if I know when I client/prospect typically reads emails. I'll send a bunch in the a.m. to go out throughout the day when they're most likely to be read based on the read receipts.

Not saying I'm not OCD...

They do different things. Prosperworks is a CRM. You can put in client data, follow-ups, etc.

Boomerang is an inbox management system. For instance, I'll follow up with a prospect via email and have the email returned to my inbox 2 days later if they don't respond so I know to follow up again. I can also hide emails that I don't want to deal with at the moment to be returned later. I do use the delay send...especially if I know when I client/prospect typically reads emails. I'll send a bunch in the a.m. to go out throughout the day when they're most likely to be read based on the read receipts.

Not saying I'm not OCD...

That sounds a bit better than me having 50 emails Starred in Gmail.

Tyler, thanks for the info.

Just to clarify, are you using MailTrack and ProsperWorks or does Prosper do the tracking for you so you don't need MailTrack?

Your welcome Bob.

Prosperworks does the tracking, it is a built-in feature. So you do not need to use both it and mailtrack.

I don't use it much for the 'delayed sending' aspect.

I will rarely use delayed sending. Mostly for reminders when I am following up with someone a few days or weeks later.

Most of the time I forget that is an option.

Speaking of Boomerang, they also have something called Boomerang Calendar.

I've used Boomerang Email in the past but do not anymore. It works very well though.

I currently use Boomerang Calendar and I am a big fan.

It integrates with Google Calendar and lets you send interactive meeting suggestion times within an email. It actually visually appears as a calendar within the email and the client can click on the desired time they want to schedule a phone call or meeting.

You set the suggested meeting times that they see in the email. Or if you have an agreed-upon time over the phone, and like me you email to verify, you can send just a single time for them to click on and verify.

Then Boomerang calendar automatically sends them a calendar invite for that date and time or auto-populates if they use Gmail and Google Calendar.

And obviously it automatically schedules that meeting on your Google calendar as well.

It's a chrome plugin and only works on your desktop. But its very cool in my opinion. And it really sets your emails apart from competition and gives a professional look and feel to the process of scheduling meetings and calls with clients.

Most of you guys in this thread so far have my email address, if you want to see how it looks email me and I will reply with boomerang calendar scheduling options so you can try out what the client experiences.

Last edited:
Speaking of Boomerang, they also have something called Boomerang Calendar.

I've used Boomerang Email in the past but do not anymore. It works very well though.

I currently use Boomerang Calendar and I am a big fan.

It integrates with Google Calendar and lets you send interactive meeting suggestion times within an email. It actually visually appears as a calendar within the email and the client can click on the desired time they want to schedule a phone call or meeting.

You set the suggested meeting times that they see in the email. Or if you have an agreed-upon time over the phone, and like me you email to verify, you can send just a single time for them to click on and verify.

Then Boomerang calendar automatically sends them a calendar invite for that date and time or auto-populates if they use Gmail and Google Calendar.

And obviously it automatically schedules that meeting on your Google calendar as well.

It's a chrome plugin and only works on your desktop. But its very cool in my opinion. And it really sets your emails apart from competition and gives a professional look and feel to the process of scheduling meetings and calls with clients.

Most of you guys in this thread so far have my email address, if you want to see how it looks email me and I will reply with boomerang calendar scheduling options so you can try out what the client experiences.

What made you go with this over something like calendly?

Back